Titanium Plate Problem (I think)

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Titanium Plate Problem (I think)

Postby hikealaska » Mon May 14, 2012 11:22 pm

I think I have something wrong with my titanium plate. The pain is escalating by the minute. The left side of the back of my neck is swollen and the burning is going all the way down to my shoulder on that side. What is sad is that I am so used to pain that it has taken me to the point that I am in agony to even notice it as something being seriously wrong. I so badly wish that the relief I got from the plate would have been more long term. :-(
Karen
"People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - House
hikealaska

Re: Titanium Plate Problem (I think)

Postby zenkeeper » Tue May 15, 2012 7:33 pm

Hey Hike......I am sooo sorry to hear about the potential plate issue as I know you had great relief for a while.

Are you feeling any different? Are pain meds helping at all? What does your NS say??? I hope it is something transient.. Did you over do it or do something that you typically don't do? Please update when you can.... ZK
zenkeeper

Postby hikealaska » Mon May 28, 2012 9:40 am

I am seeing Dr. Batzdorf and Dr. Holly tomorrow. My pain management doctor gave me some medication again, but it is not even putting a dent in it. Things have calmed down some. But, the pain is intense still. I had an MRI. The radiologist report said "no changes since last MRI". As I have not had an MRI since the plate was installed. A titanium plate and a gortex patch are, at the very least, a change since the last MRI. The MRI was done without contrast. Finally, I got the radiologist to admit that he just couldn't see the plate or the patch very well. I am hoping Batzdorf and Holly can see it. They are not the easiest folks in the world to get in and see so the wait would be horrible.
I am trying to be positive. They fixed me once and I believe the plate is still the right course of treatment since it gave me so much relief. They'll fix me again. The in between is just horrible.
Karen
"People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - House
hikealaska

Postby reedy » Tue May 29, 2012 1:45 pm

I hope your meeting with the LA NS team went OK, hikealaska. You are seeing really good people.

BTW, I like your signature quote. Its too true...
reedy

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders