No appetite

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

No appetite

Postby sherryhelms » Tue May 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Can a chiari and syrinx (3 of them) cause your body to never get hungry. It is totally not me to not have an appetite.
sherryhelms

Re: No appetite

Postby gunflint » Wed May 23, 2012 6:42 am

I wish. It sounds to me like you have something else going on. In your other post about cardiologists and this one. I don't know what and I'm no doctor but it seems like you have a separate issue. Please don't take this wrong but with chest pains and a change in apatite I wonder if you're not having some emotional issues. All of us here have emotional issues with dealing with our little problem. Some bad some not so bad. Good luck.
gunflint

Postby sherryhelms » Wed May 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Thank you for your comment. Been there and done that with emotional issues. I do have underlying anxiety issues but my appetite has never been affected. Take Prozac to help with nervousness. I have enjoyed losing 20 pounds but I know it just isn't right.
sherryhelms

Postby KarenAnn » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:52 am

Hi I'm new here but wanted to jump in. My weightloss was what prompted me to go to a doctor. I lost about 150 lbs without trying and ended up with multiple deficiencies and knew something was seriously wrong. Where is your syrinx? Mine is from the T3-T11 and I had no appetite for about a year and a half. Some days I would have to force myself to eat some toast or something because I hadn't eaten in a day or two. My problem, IMO, was that I was getting physically ill when I ate and eventually lost my appetite because I knew what was coming if I ate. My appetite is better and I am DEFINENTLY gaining weight again but at least my deficiencies are getting better and that is helping my energy level for sure. Just please be careful and make sure you eat at least daily and take multi vitamins. One of the deficiencies I ended up with was a severe Vitamin A deficiency and supposedly that is a 3rd world country problem. Gotta eat even when you don't want to or feel that you can't. We gotta take care of our bodies as best we can if we're gonna fight this beast!
T3-T11 syrinx-Symptomatic since age 5-Found @ age 35
12 bulging discs with C4/5,T6/7, & L4/5 causing the most compression
CSF secretions throughout abdomen

http://www.thoughts.com/KarenAnn
KarenAnn

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders