twitch in the eye

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

twitch in the eye

Postby Jenintexas » Fri May 25, 2007 2:32 pm

I will probably not get your replies until Monday. We are going to see my family for the weekend. But I wanted to see if anyone else gets this. When I was little my grandma use to say eat a banana your body needs potassium. But sometimes I get a long more abrupt twitch in my left eye. LOL everything happens on my left side. I was wondering if anyone else gets this kind of thing. I am not sure if my Chiari is more on the left side and its hitting a particular nerve or what. But it happens a whole lot more often and I am full of potassium. Hopefully this is one thing that will help out with the surgery.

Have a great memorial day and I will talk to you all when I return. Thanks, Jennifer
Jenintexas

Postby kiminfla » Sat May 26, 2007 6:12 pm

Hi Jen, My potassium levels are often low on blood tests. I eat a lot of potassium rich, low sodium foods -- my most recent blood work showed normal potassium levels. I have Chiari, no SM, but I do tend to feel "worse" when my potassium (and magnesium) are low. I get the eyelid twitching too. I try not to blame everything on the Chiari but some sites seem to list more symptoms than others so I really don't know. Hope you enjoyed your weekend. Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby Sandy » Sun May 27, 2007 5:58 pm

Hey Jen!

Hope you had a wonderful time going out of town. Yep on the twitching, comes in right handy at HOme Depot. :lol:

I don't have chiari, I have sm, so I don't know about the connection.

But I do know it can be very aggravating when you're trying to have a serious conversation.

I eat bananas every morning now, even though I"m not fond of them to keep up that potassium level.

My worst problem has been my B12 being bottomed out on blood work, though.

Hope you are faring well, did you go by car? If so how did you hold up on the ride?

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

thanks

Postby Jenintexas » Sun May 27, 2007 6:23 pm

I know what you mean about linking everything to Chiari. But mine is not just a normal twitch. It just seems like there is a never being touched that has a major effect on the left side of my body. Hopefully the decompression surgery will eliminate some of that.Thank you both for your replies.

I will have to try to find that email I got a few months back. But it was talking about how much 1 banana a day is good for you. It had many great things so that is good. Keep eating them :wink:
Jenintexas

Postby socialdkitty » Tue May 29, 2007 12:22 pm

Hey, I have SM.. doctors have said no CM but I wonder because I have a lot of symptoms - everything is left sided for me as well. I have left sided head pain, left sided neck pain, left sided sharp pain when I sneeze in the back of my head/neck and also like you I have twitching under the left eye - Its not in my eyelid but actually under my eye. It lasted for about 3-4 weeks constantly and consistently but has let up 90% in the last couple weeks. It will only maybe jump once a day now and also starts jumping after I sneeze or cough for a few minutes - its so weird~! I did have really low B-12 levels which can cause muscle spasms/twitch so I'm hoping the B-12 shots will correct this problem.
socialdkitty

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders