Need new PCP in Dayton OH

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Need new PCP in Dayton OH

Postby sylvester » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:35 pm

It's been a long time since I've posted anything, although I've been reading. I had a SFT at TCI in 2010 and have been doing well since then. But after my husband broke his leg walking down the steps to our garage last winter, and couldn't put weight on it for 2 months, ... and our shower and bedroom is on the 2nd floor ... and I can't lift more than 10-15 lbs so I couldn't help him get up the stairs ... :roll: Anyway, we finally made the decision that we needed to be in a one-story home, so we have sold our house in Kentucky and are moving to Dayton to be close to our sons and grandchildren.

I love my PCP here and hate leaving him -- he listens to me, and believes what I tell him, and works well with the experts I must also deal with. I dread the process of finding someone new who can do all that and quickly get up to speed on everything that has happened to me in the last 5-6 years. We will be living on the south side of Dayton -- Centerville, but the Kettering, Miamisburg area is close by. Can anyone recommend a PCP in that area? We'll be moving about the middle of August.

Thanks so much, and wishing all many pain-free days.
Anne
" ... always remember: you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." said Christopher Robin to Pooh
(SFT 2/10, SM T6-T12 x 4mm, scoliosis, cervical/lumbar DDD, chiari w/low-lying tonsils)
sylvester

Re: Need new PCP in Dayton OH

Postby toport20 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:56 pm

Anne,

Sorry about all your problems. I wish I could help ya with a doc in Dayton. I live in Springfield and had a great doctor. Unfortunately, she also left. Hope you find a good one and if you do, please let me know- I'm willing to travel!
Pre OP:
SM 3mm C3-L1
Tonsillar Herniation 5mm due to TCS
TCS Surgery TCI 6-6-08
ICT 6-7-08

Post OP: 2011-MRI
CM 8mm
SM C2-C6 9mm

PFD done in May 2012
Arachnoiditis found
toport20

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders