Trouble filling Prescriptions

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Trouble filling Prescriptions

Postby marymac » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:34 am

Hi Ho All

Is any one else having trouble getting their prescriptions filled? I sure am: the Doctor writes them but the Pharmacist "isn't comfortable" filling them: who is in charge here? Bad enough 98% of them have NO clue what SM is much less how we feel, but I wrote my insurance company, received prior authorization for the medicine, but their own mail-order pharmacy held it for 11 days, then returned the RX because the pharmacist "wasn't comfortable". Well, here's a bulletin for them: I"M NOT COMFORTABLE NOW. On top of that, 50% of the elected AND appointed officials ENCOURAGED me to let my med run out, go to the hospital ER, and call the press . . . really?
WHAT SAY YOU??? We need to DO something about this. And yes, they CAN be legally sent via mail order, FYI.
Please weigh in folks: this is getting way too serious. . . My syrinx is from neck to butt so if I puke. . . well, you know.
PLEASE CHIME IN.
Thanks and love/gentle hugs to all.
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders