Surgery is Coming up...I am beginning to freak out

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Surgery is Coming up...I am beginning to freak out

Postby akbrowneyes » Fri May 25, 2007 7:36 pm

It is almost here. I leave next Wednesday (May 31) to go to Mexico for a family vacation before I head to Seattle for Syringosubarachnoid Shunt Placement on June 14 with Dr. Ellenbogen.

I am not sure what I am in for and I am not sure if it will work. I am just hoping that it won't get worse. I need to attempt something to relieve this pain and pressure. I hope it will also help with the double vision. Please send you prayers. I am having it at Harborview like the laminectomy surgery last Summer.

If anyone has any advice about the surgery I would love it.

Thank you,
aka: vmjohnson

Postby Sandy » Sun May 27, 2007 6:00 pm

You have my prayers, girl. Don't you go freakin out on us now. OK?

Be calm, friend. The 14th huh? I have a friend that is having a laminectomy on the 30th. I'll be praying for you.

Are you getting enough rest? Drinking plenty of water? Please take good care of youself.

sandy :D

(had to go back and change the date, got it wrong!)

sending you prayers

Postby Jenintexas » Mon May 28, 2007 11:05 am

You are in my prayers. I don't know anything about the surgery you are having but I hope it takes your pain away. I will be in decompression surgery on the 12 of June so we might be in the hospital together. Only I will be in Texas. Sending you lots of love and light. I wish you the best. POSITIVE thoughts will take you far. So keep those thoughts in your mind.

Many blessings,

Postby kathymichelle » Tue May 29, 2007 11:23 am

Val, I didn't realize that this was you!

I also didn't realize that you needed a repeat surgery. I am sorry to hear that you have to go under the knife again. Dang girl! My prayers will be with you.

I will be in Seattle by that time, do you want visitors at the hospital? Let me know your comfort level....

Take care and you can email me too.

Postby mac » Tue May 29, 2007 11:33 am

Val, I didn't realise that this was you either! I also am so sorry you have to go through all of this, I know your decompression was a rough deal. That's what you had before, right? How is the baby doing? Is your son still the baseball champ? Pls have a wonderful time in Mexico and pls know we are all thinking of you and praying for you. I hope KM can go to visit you.

lv and hugs

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders