Surgery is Coming up...I am beginning to freak out

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Surgery is Coming up...I am beginning to freak out

Postby akbrowneyes » Fri May 25, 2007 7:36 pm

It is almost here. I leave next Wednesday (May 31) to go to Mexico for a family vacation before I head to Seattle for Syringosubarachnoid Shunt Placement on June 14 with Dr. Ellenbogen.

I am not sure what I am in for and I am not sure if it will work. I am just hoping that it won't get worse. I need to attempt something to relieve this pain and pressure. I hope it will also help with the double vision. Please send you prayers. I am having it at Harborview like the laminectomy surgery last Summer.

If anyone has any advice about the surgery I would love it.

Thank you,
Valerie
aka: vmjohnson
akbrowneyes

Postby Sandy » Sun May 27, 2007 6:00 pm

Val,

You have my prayers, girl. Don't you go freakin out on us now. OK?

Be calm, friend. The 14th huh? I have a friend that is having a laminectomy on the 30th. I'll be praying for you.

Are you getting enough rest? Drinking plenty of water? Please take good care of youself.

love,
sandy :D

(had to go back and change the date, got it wrong!)
Sandy

sending you prayers

Postby Jenintexas » Mon May 28, 2007 11:05 am

You are in my prayers. I don't know anything about the surgery you are having but I hope it takes your pain away. I will be in decompression surgery on the 12 of June so we might be in the hospital together. Only I will be in Texas. Sending you lots of love and light. I wish you the best. POSITIVE thoughts will take you far. So keep those thoughts in your mind.

Many blessings,

Jennifer
Jenintexas

Postby kathymichelle » Tue May 29, 2007 11:23 am

Val, I didn't realize that this was you!

I also didn't realize that you needed a repeat surgery. I am sorry to hear that you have to go under the knife again. Dang girl! My prayers will be with you.

I will be in Seattle by that time, do you want visitors at the hospital? Let me know your comfort level....

Take care and you can email me too.

Kathy
kathymichelle

Postby mac » Tue May 29, 2007 11:33 am

Val, I didn't realise that this was you either! I also am so sorry you have to go through all of this, I know your decompression was a rough deal. That's what you had before, right? How is the baby doing? Is your son still the baseball champ? Pls have a wonderful time in Mexico and pls know we are all thinking of you and praying for you. I hope KM can go to visit you.

lv and hugs
mac
mac

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders