A new condition for me....

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

A new condition for me....

Postby angie7 » Fri May 25, 2007 8:37 pm

HYPOtension!! I have been having some "spells' for years and within the last 6 months they have gotten worse. I have started to black out, extreme fatigue, dizzy, heart palpations, trouble breathing, etc. I talked to my NL and he said that the black outs are from my low blood pressure, which I have had my entire life. My normal bp is 90/60 (norm is 120/80) I made an appt with my GP today and he orded an EKG and blood work to find out why it was dropping so low. Today when he took it it was 92/48!! I dont know anything yet but I will find out next week.

Ahhh...will the dx ever end???

Oh btw for those that are wondering, I go for a head and neck MRI to check on my ACM/SM next Friday and depending on what that says another nerve conduction test to look for another problem with my legs..... :roll:
Mama to 4 y/o ID twin girls (2006)
CM 0, C5-T1 syrinx, Scoliosis, Hypotension; PFD 2004
Deg Disc C4/5,Cervical Kyphosis-repaired 07 w cadavar bone graph & plate w 4 screws
angie7

Postby angie7 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:48 pm

My neuro mentioned that test but nothing was said today about it. I guess he is waiting on what the other tests shows...
Deg Disc C4/5,Cervical Kyphosis-repaired 07 w cadavar bone graph & plate w 4 screws
angie7

lOW Blood pressure

Postby razzle51 » Sat May 26, 2007 4:10 am

Could you be PG again . Sometimes meds cause low pressure and also Vit. B12 defiency. And again like you said a thyroid problem . Hope its nothing serious . Keep us posted . How are the girls ? Roz
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby angie7 » Sat May 26, 2007 11:39 am

No not pg again and I am not on any meds so who knows. Like I said I have always had low bp but for some reason it is getting even lower now. I hope it isnt nothing serious...I will let you know.

The girls are doing WONDERFUL! Alivea is going to be walking any day now. She stands alone and takes one step and isnt quite confident enough to take another lol! Kaytlin is standing alone but has yet mustered up the confidence to take a step. They are just angels, they keep my busy!!! Thx for asking!
angie7

Postby kiminfla » Sat May 26, 2007 6:01 pm

Angie, Great to hear the update on your beautiful babies! Sorry to hear that you're having more issues. I had a lot of trouble with my pulse and blood pressure staying regulated after surgery. It seems to be better now and I know you haven't had any surgery recently, but this does seem to be a symptom that comes and goes for me. I'm not on any meds right now either. I only have Chiari so not sure what it's related to. I hope you feel better soon! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby Debbieducati » Sat May 26, 2007 6:56 pm

It's funny that a lot of people I have talked to on this sight has low blood presure. I wonder how that is realted to SM. Does anyone have that answer? or do the resurchers know about this.

Love to all Debbieducati
Debbieducati

Postby Sandy » Sat May 26, 2007 8:34 pm

angie,

at night when i'm relaxed my b/p will run about 90/60 but not during the day. feel better.

love,
sandy
Sandy

Postby cash71 » Sat May 26, 2007 9:55 pm

I think there must be some connection with cm/sm and low bp. I'm usually 90/55 but right now due to Diamox I'm sometimes 70/40. I'm trying really hard to stay well hydrated to try and keep it up. I did about 15 minutes of very gentle yard work today and had to give up as I almost fainted 4 times. Everytime I stood up I almost passed out.

So I gave up the gardening for today and went in and laid down with a good book and a big glass of water. Maybe tomorrow.

Caroline
Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle (Plato)

Syrinx C3-T9, CM zero, OTC, cranial settling, dysautonomia/POTS, and ?EDS

see my blog for more info: http://www.chiariandsyringomyeliaincanada.blogspot.com/
cash71

Postby angie7 » Sun May 27, 2007 8:00 am

Thanks for the support guys!! I have been reading (on the net and in holistic books) that blood pressure can be effected by spinal flow. So I am guessing that the reason why so many of us have low bp is b/c since we either have CM, SM, or both that our spinal flow just isnt "normal" and it messes it someway??

Right now I am trying to rule out any other causes before blaming my CM/SM for it. My doc said to increase my salt (I stopped using salt other then to season several months ago), drink water (do anyways) and up my caffiene (I'm allergic to it and cant :() I had several black out and dizzy spells yesterday......
angie7

Postby angie7 » Wed May 30, 2007 12:04 pm

Well my doctor said no news is good news and I havent heard anything yet so I guess everything checked out okay. There is no obvious reason for my low bp....another problem that no one can explain why I have :roll:
angie7

problem

Postby razzle51 » Wed May 30, 2007 1:00 pm

I suppose he wants to treat it with Medication. Whats another pill?

I take Synthroid. The oral medication restores adequate hormone levels, shifting your body back into normal gear
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby angie7 » Wed May 30, 2007 3:19 pm

I told him I didnt want any meds so I guess I will try to maintain it holistically.
angie7

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders