Does anyone have blood pressure problems?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Does anyone have blood pressure problems?

Postby kittb » Sun May 27, 2007 9:51 am

A few days ago, when I went to make a blood donation, my blood pressure was 118(which is fairly normal for me) over 92(which is about 12 above normal). They still accepted me as a blood donor, but I was advised to get it checked out. Has this happened to anyone as else, possibly as a side effect of Neurontin? I'm going to try to get in to a clinic this week to see if its still up. Could the stress that I've been under for the past eight months mess with my blood pressure? Any input would be appreciated.
kittb
If you ever lose yourself, call on me and we'll be lost together-Kitt
kittb

Postby cash71 » Sun May 27, 2007 3:24 pm

Kittb,

Absolutely stress can affect your bloodpressure! I would see your doc anyways though.

I used to work in a pediatric ICU and I had a little girl that had a arterial line in to continuously measure her BP. It's kinda like an IV except it goes into and artery and gives a continuous read-out of your BP. She was on the mend and was watching a movie (I think it was Homeward Bound) All of a sudden all the alarms started going off!!! :shock: I looked up at the moniter and her heartrate was way to high and her bloodpressure was too and this had set off the moniters. She looked well otherwise though and then I realized it was a really scarey part in the movie. Once the scarey part was over her vitals returned to normal.

I thought this was a really good illustration of how much stress and emotions affect us. I hadn't realized how much until that day.

HTH,

Caroline
Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle (Plato)

Syrinx C3-T9, CM zero, OTC, cranial settling, dysautonomia/POTS, and ?EDS

see my blog for more info: http://www.chiariandsyringomyeliaincanada.blogspot.com/
cash71

Postby Sandy » Sun May 27, 2007 5:54 pm

kitt,

Mine will be as high as 125-130 when I'm very stressed or my pain level is high, and can really go really low when I'm calm and relaxed.

One more sprinkle on the cookie, huh?

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders