June 13th Going to TCI,Anyone else?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

June 13th Going to TCI,Anyone else?

Postby freenow98 » Sun May 27, 2007 8:01 pm

Hi everyone,wondering if anyone will be in NY June 13th or weeks following,my daughter Megan(I'm sheila Pa)will be going in for her fusion and I was wondering if anyone else might be there at the same time we would love to meet you and say hi.Megan will be having her surgery on June 18th.Thank you ,sheila Pa
freenow98

Postby MrChiari » Mon May 28, 2007 11:11 am

I wont be there, but i'm curious at how much out of pocket expenses you have since insurance does not cover TCI fully. The only place I will go anymore is TCI and I'm curious what it will cost me.
MrChiari

daugther's surgery

Postby freenow98 » Tue May 29, 2007 11:15 pm

Hi Mr Chiari,as far as the cost we have just stop counting,we owe thousands but,we know there just is not no other choice.I had surgery at TCI and my insurance covered most of the hospital cost but,not even half of all the doctors cost from TCI.My daughter's insurance is different then mine and her's is an hmo that is trying to cover 4,000 out of 78,000 and that is just one bill,everyone has different charges depending on how long they were there and what they had done.My daughter has had complacations after ever surgery she has had so she is always in the hospital longer then normal and she has had to go back into surgery during the same hospital stay so there are many charges.We know there is no way we will ever pay this bill off and we have just come to except this,and just do what we can.I hope this helps, sheila Pa
freenow98

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders