Barb in NH needs your help!

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Barb in NH needs your help!

Postby mac » Mon May 28, 2007 9:40 pm

Hi, everyone.

I talked with Barb again today. She is not doing well. (reminder, she's in Dartmouth, NH and had the TC detethering done) She has had for several days a very bad spinal headache and it is continuing. The morphine they are giving her there isn't touching it. She said it feels like lightning bolts on the top of her head. She specifically asked me if I'd ask on the board if anyone who went through TC detethering knows what would help her with the spinal HAs? Would anyone like to give some advice? I will fax your answers straight to her in the hospital.

She has another question. She cannot walk yet, said that her legs just are rubber. Her surgery was last Thursday (this is Monday PM)...and she wanted me to ask those of you who have had the surgery, how soon were you able to get up and walk?

the good news, which is very good, is that her left leg, which used to be paralyzed, is no longer so! She used to not be able to move it at all, and now she can move it a bit while she lies in bed. Isn't this wonderful and such an answer to prayer???

So, if you have any advice or just want to tell her hi, I will print out your replies and fax them to her tomorrow.

love and hugs
your friend always, mac
Last edited by mac on Mon May 28, 2007 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mac

Postby Sandy » Mon May 28, 2007 10:05 pm

Mac,

Please send her my love and tell her I'll be praying extra for her.

love,
sandy
Sandy

Postby mac » Mon May 28, 2007 10:08 pm

Will do, Sandy, and thanks Keesha for such good insight. I am sure she has been flat on her back, since they wouldn't let her try to get up until today, 5 days post op. I'll fax all replies here on to her. Thanks!

mac
mac

Postby daynthelife » Mon May 28, 2007 10:21 pm

Send her my love also and I'll be thinking of her. Mac...I know each day you will bring us news of Barbs progress and it will be good. I'm very excited to hear about Barb regaining the movement in her left leg!! Hang in there Barb. The rest will come. We're here for you.

Much luv

Kathy
daynthelife

Postby kiminfla » Tue May 29, 2007 3:04 pm

Hang in there Barb! We're all here rooting for you! May each day bring improvement. Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby Snoozie » Tue May 29, 2007 7:28 pm

Let Barb know I will add her name to our prayer list tonight at church. Barb feel better, we miss you around here...Sue
Snoozie

Postby mac » Tue May 29, 2007 8:52 pm

I didn't call her today, I just faxed the replies that were on this thread this morning. I will call her tomorrow...oh, I pray she's done with that spinal HA!

thanks
mac
mac

Postby birdlover3 » Tue May 29, 2007 9:19 pm

Please send her my love & let her know that I’m praying also.
birdlover3

Postby MEAJA1 » Thu May 31, 2007 1:05 pm

Please send my blessings to Barb, Mac.

I will also say a prayer for her.
-Mary
MEAJA1

Postby mac » Thu May 31, 2007 1:32 pm

Update on Barb is I just tried to call her and she has been discharged, so I'm expecting her to come back online soon. If we don't hear from her here tomorrow, I'll track that girl down and see how she is doing!

thanks to all

mac
mac

barb status

Postby Jenintexas » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:15 pm

has anyone heard from barb how is she doing since discharge? Better I hope. We are thinking of you barb.

I was reading this other site about something a NS told them about decompression surgery. they said the NS told them that it is possible for you lungs to collapse during surgery.... has anyone heard that before.

I am sure anything is possible but that is not what I want to read 11 days away from my surgery date.

Just wondering and trying to stay calm. :D
Jenintexas

Postby hartagold23 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:55 pm

Yes, I am home, but took a day of rest! See my update, called "I'm back!" Thanks to everyone for your prayers!!

Barb :D
hartagold23

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders