Diclofenac

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Diclofenac

Postby Littlepixie1981 » Thu May 31, 2007 11:13 am

Hi everyone

I just wanted to ask if anyone here has been prescribed Diclofenac for their head pain and how was it for you so to speak?!

I've been prescribed this alongside paracetamol. My GP says its going to be a case of trail and error to get the balance of meds right so that you get rid of the pain but dont feel drugged up to the eyes!

I was on co-codamol (codeine and paracetamol) but i was so drugged that i was forgetting to breathe! and it didn't help the pain anyway. This whole Chiari thing gets really old sometimes!

He wants me to call him next weds to let him now how its going, so at least he isn't sending me off with a packet of pills and forgetting about me like some others have done.

At the moment i'm on the waiting list for shunt exploratory surgery with a view to doing decompression at some point in the near future. I hope i dont have to wait too much longer!

Lydia x
England
cm, spina bifida, scoliosis, hydrocephalus with a prog VP shunt
Littlepixie1981

Diclofenac

Postby razzle51 » Thu May 31, 2007 11:32 am

I do know if you have ASTHMA you shouldnt take and it also causes Ulcers .
can cause abdominal burning and stomach ache so eat something when taking it. Hope it works for you. I didnt take it but a friend did.
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

diclofenac

Postby Littlepixie1981 » Thu May 31, 2007 11:53 am

Hi Roz

The doctor told me all the side effects when he prescribed it. I dont have Asthma.

Lydia x
Littlepixie1981

Postby keggler » Thu May 31, 2007 2:50 pm

Hello ....I take it,but for muscle and joint pain anong with baclofen,a med a lot of people seem to be down on. The combo works quite well,and beats narc's and begging doctors for more scrips.I think its a strong nasid,altho I could be wrong.I take Zantac for a Hiatal Hernia and eat healthy lots for fruit and juice. I can really tell when I don't take it,because I tried to stop it a few months ago,and it was a mistake.

Later...Jerry in Carolina...
"You are what you eat----and-----You are what you think"

"Be Good To Yourself"
CM1-S/M-Basilar Invagination
keggler

medication

Postby razzle51 » Thu May 31, 2007 4:22 pm

What are the possible side effects of diclofenac?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop taking diclofenac and seek medical attention or call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance;

black, bloody, or tarry stools;

coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;

swelling or rapid weight gain;

urinating less than usual or not at all;

nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);

fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;

bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness; or

fever, headache, neck stiffness, chills, increased sensitivity to light, purple spots on the skin, and/or seizure (convulsions).

Keep taking diclofenac and talk to your doctor if you have any of these less serious side effects:

upset stomach, mild heartburn or stomach pain, diarrhea, constipation;

bloating, gas;

dizziness, headache, nervousness;

skin itching or rash;

blurred vision; or

ringing in your ears.
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders