Pain Killers

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Postby unicorns » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:37 am

I agree with Mac - definitely not worth spending a bunch of money on the patches - I have them and they're only minimally effective and sort of a pain to use.
Barbara
unicorns

Postby powerlineman » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:21 pm

Thanks you two! I'm going here in a little bit to fill my scripts and I'll ask them to be sure. I had planned on not using them if they were over $100, now I know for sure I wont if they are.
powerlineman

Postby powerlineman » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:13 pm

$220

Safe to say I wont be getting any patches.
powerlineman

Postby Janice » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:45 pm

I use Lidoderm patches and they have helped for the pain in an immediate area but I still have to take pain meds. I mainly only use the patch if I'm going to be out of the house for a bit to help minimize the pain up front. The insurance covered most of the cost but I think I would give it additional thought if I had to pay $220 for a box of 30 patches. The most relief either comes from Ultram (Tramadol generic name) or Oxycontin if the pain is 7 or above.

Most of all they do help in the area where I place the patch.

Hope this helps.

Janice
Janice

Postby powerlineman » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:09 pm

Thanks for the info, my major pain is coming from what feels like deep inside my shoulder. I dont know if they would have even worked.
powerlineman

Postby donbr » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:23 pm

Hi Just a little info on pain meds.
Any short acting pain med or med with a pain med in it can and does cause rebound head pain. that would include tylonol aleve axydodone and such.
A person does not need to be taking it for a long period of time or abuse these meds it can happen and rebound headaches hurt
the pm dr explained to Heidi and myself what happens is you take one for pain and mabey you dont get any pain for 3-4 days then you start getting a headach or some other type of pain so you take your pain med. this continues for several monthes and the pain just gets worse and harder to keep under control. the pain can reach up to around a 7 from a scale 1-10
it takes about 4 monthes to get this situation under control
I may not have any ideas on what to do but i know what should be avoided
Hope this helps someone
Take care
Don
donbr

Previous

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders