Smiling makes my face ache

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Smiling makes my face ache

Postby Snoozie » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:25 pm

Ok I am just kidding about the ache part but the numb spot on my cheek is literally driving my crazy! Does anybody else have that?

It is about the size of a quarter now, was like a nickel before, and it feels numb like the dentist type of numb. If I put my finger on it I can stand it better but I look kinda weird walking around with my finger on my cheek :lol:

When I ask the doc I get that look of Oh thats interesting but still no answers.

By the way does anybody remember what show that phrase "smiling makes my face ache" came from? My sisters and I jokingly say it now and then and we have said it for so long I can't remember the show...Sue
Snoozie

Postby cash71 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:52 pm

Sue, some days smiling really does make my face ache. Its feels like the muscle spasms that I get in my legs and hands when I overdue it only they are in my cheeks. Its very annoying and I certainly don't want to go around looking mad all the time. This is new for me so hopefully it goes away.

Caroline
Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle (Plato)

Syrinx C3-T9, CM zero, OTC, cranial settling, dysautonomia/POTS, and ?EDS

see my blog for more info: http://www.chiariandsyringomyeliaincanada.blogspot.com/
cash71

Postby Sandy » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:49 pm

Sue,

I know what you mean. I guess it's good that we have things to smile about, but the numbness drives me nuts! Sometimes my teeth all feel like I"ve been to the dentist, and my lips, that numb thing like they belong to somebody else type feeling.

But you do have a beautiful smile, I must say! Please don't stop, even if it does make your face numb.

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby mac » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:11 am

Sue...I have gotten those spots before...or a lip going numb...or a twitch that always happens just to the left of my mouth. It's gotta be nerve impingement. One of those annoying things, huh? About holding the finger to the cheek, you could always wear a Betty Boop costume, Boop boop a doop!
:P

Well, I hope this goes away for you...ain't it frustratin' when you tell your doctor and he doesn't quite "get it." Guess they see so much...

hugs to ya
mac
mac

Postby paularay » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:10 am

Hello, After my decompression surgery four years ago the whole right side of my face is numb. It started in just a small area. Actually I think its better now that the whole side is numb because its not just one small area that bugs me. The only problem I have is that my right eye tends to run in the outer corner.
Paula
paularay

Postby Snoozie » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:10 pm

Well it's a little better today. I wonder if this has anything to do with getting behind on my B12. I don't get the shots but I take the sublingual methyl type.

I have forgotten to take them the last 3 or 4 days. I get to feeling better and kind of get lazy about taking all of my vitamins.

Oh well life with SM didn't come with a hand book but I am glad I have my friends here to pick me up when I am feeling down...Sue :D
Snoozie

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders