Hear My Pain!

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Hear My Pain!

Postby heaven » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:21 pm

Hi, all. This a vent/cry for help. I am so tired of feeling this plethora of pain. Its constant, stabbing, burning, tingling in you face type of thing. The nausea and fallening is just as bad. I take, ambien, lyric, ocy, protonix, phenergan, and reglan. Nothings woking and I don't this I can stand this a moment longer. I have husband and child to take care of. How can I be a good wife while in the grips of pain. NOTHING IS WORKING! A person cannot live like this. My temper is about to explode. Know ones blamming me but, that's causing me to blame myself. I am a smart, beautiful, bright and articulate woman who is only good for lying in bed and complaining. I need pain relief that really works so that I can that my position in my house hold. I want to be able to enjoy and love the same as others. :cry:
heaven

Postby mac » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:26 pm

heaven, I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better. I am so touched by your situation and know it must be incredibly depressing and frustrating and sad to have to lie in bed in such pain, and your family worried about you, etc. I wish you could get to a better pain mgmt team and see what might work better for you. What about morphine? Have you tried it or asked about it? I don't know anything about it, but I know some are using it and doing okay with it. It's such a vicious cycle, the pain brings anxiety and the anxiety makes the pain worse and what can be done about it? I feel so helpless to you, but all I can say is that I'm listening, and I'm praying.

mac
mac

Postby heaven » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:39 pm

Thank you, Mac for listening and offering a shoulder. It's good sometimes just to no that some one cares. I happen to be allergic to morphine and lidocaine. But, thank you for the suggestion.
heaven

Postby mac » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:31 pm

Hi, heaven...it is a good thing for you to get your feelings out. We all hear that and I've learned it is very true. If we don't, then those feelings keep "looping" in our brains and then become larger and larger and take on a life of their own. This site is very good for getting things out...and yes, there is healing and safety in knowing you are not alone and folks ARE listening! Keep us in the loop on how you are, etc. Maybe someone else will have an option for pain mgmt.

hugs to you, gentle ones
mac
mac

Postby mrsariel » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:22 pm

I agree with Mac. I think sometimes the "releasing of our venting" helps us feel a bit better. I can understand your frustration as someone that is going through feeling good then feeling miserable.
HUGS
FEEL FREE TO VENT
we all do!
Lisa
CM 7mm diagnosed 12/06.
Tethered Cord diagnosed 10/07 @ TCI
TC surgery 5/13/08
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisas
mrsariel

Postby Sandy » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:51 pm

heaven,

I'm so sorry. Not too long ago I had the worst flare-up I've ever had, and if it weren't for my friends here lending me support I'm not sure what I would have done.

I'm here for you, for anything I can do. Sometimes getting it all out of your system can really help. Family and friends mean well, but there's nothing like people who have this condition themselves to really understand.

I'm lighting my special candle for you, know that you are in my prayers, also.

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders