MRI results...Good news!

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

MRI results...Good news!

Postby angie7 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:20 am

I havent had a doctor read them yet b/c my NL is on vacation and I havent sent them to Dr Oro yet but I have read enough of these to understand them to some degree..I was really worried that the twin pregnancy and the spinal effected my syrinx and my symptoms seem to be flaring up lately that I decided it was time for another MRI (last one was over 2 years ago)

Well.....it hasnt changed and may even be smaller!!! YAYAYAYAY!!! The radiologist reading it says it is at approximate C6 and thats it. Doesnt give any other dimensions for it whereas all my other say C5-T1 so I dont know if that means it is smaller or not. I looked at the MRIs and it doesnt look any smaller then it did in my others so I will wait to find out. My deg disc and kyphosis are worse though. My disc is touching my spinal cord now but I am not sure if that would cause symptoms or not??

Also my CM doesnt seem to have dropped again either but I want Oro to look at those since I have ACM 0.
Mama to 4 y/o ID twin girls (2006)
CM 0, C5-T1 syrinx, Scoliosis, Hypotension; PFD 2004
Deg Disc C4/5,Cervical Kyphosis-repaired 07 w cadavar bone graph & plate w 4 screws
angie7

Postby angie7 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:08 pm

Nobody likes me anymore or??? :cry:
Deg Disc C4/5,Cervical Kyphosis-repaired 07 w cadavar bone graph & plate w 4 screws
angie7

Postby mac » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:23 pm

Angie, you silly girl!! No, I don't like you, I LOVE you!! AND those girls!! I'm so happy that your tests have come back with good results! Gosh, that's wonderful to hear, so often we hear the negative, the positive is a real shot in the arm around this outfit! Bless you!! Pls let me know what Dr. Oro says, Okay? I guess all those doggies and kittens and little angels are "medicinal" huh?? :)

thanks for sharing, you made my day!

love, mac
mac

Postby kiminfla » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:46 pm

Angie, So glad to read that you're not getting worse, and maybe like you said, even getting better! Hopefully, this is just a temporary flare up you're having and it will be gone soon. Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby angie7 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:39 pm

My NL called and said that my "conditions" are stable and unchanged from last time. Not sure the next route but he did mention a nerve conduction study.

I am sending my new MRI to Dr Oro tomorrow so hopefully I will hear something from him in a week or so....
angie7

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders