new and weird symptom or unrelated

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

new and weird symptom or unrelated

Postby loren67 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:30 pm

i've been having this weird sensation in my throat. it feels as if i have a big bubble that is trying to get out. it's sort of like a spasmy feeling but not exactly. i don't have it constantly and can't associate it with eating, drinking swallowing etc... anyone else??????
loren67

Postby mac » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:34 pm

Jenn, just wanted to say hi and I'm sorry you are having this. I do have throat symptoms a lot, sore throats, feeling like there is a lump in my throat, difficulty swallowing. I know you had the TCS...do you have CM too? I think some sx of CM include throat stuff.

sorry I couldn't help more.

yer friend mac
mac

Postby kiminfla » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:12 am

I get that weird sensation in the throat too -- like there is an obstruction of some sort but I can swallow liquids, food, etc. just fine. Mine is worse when I'm lying down. That's a symtpom that seems to come and go for me. Had it often before surgery, it was gone for a long time, now occasionally back. I have CM. Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby prism » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:40 am

I have this sometimes. Need to ask though, do you ever 'froth at the mouth' when this happens? prism
prism

symptom

Postby razzle51 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:04 am

I have a hital hernia and had a lump in my throat and burning clear up to my ear . also acid reflux . you need to go to dr. to rule some things out .
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

new and weird symptom

Postby prism » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:35 pm

Hi Razzle,

"need to see a doctor to rule some things out.." Yeah. I've seen so many doctors I'm certain I deserve some type of award. :roll: I am, like probably all of you- your typical "thick folder" problem patient. The more I learn about SM and CM1 the more I hope I can swing seeing the TCI folks in August. I really don't have much hope in any doctors I've met here.
I'm surely open to input though. 8) prism
prism

Postby prism » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:37 am

Razzle,
what kind of doctor defines hiatial hernias? prism
prism

Postby loren67 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:14 pm

usually a general surgeon
loren67

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders