symptoms acceleration and decline?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

symptoms acceleration and decline?

Postby prism » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:43 am

I was wondering if having a major surgery is a common precursor to having chiari and sm. symptoms worsen.

also was wondering if any of the symptoms such as arm and leg control can be lessened through strengthening the muscles. or if the symptoms of cm1 and sm just stay constant and predictable.
thanks. prism
prism

Postby Ryzing » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:49 am

Prism,

I wondered about the "control" question myself - and last year, I put it to the test with swimming. The answer I found for me was: no - nothing helped with the symptoms. I thought if I strengthened my upper body with swimming it would help, but for me, it did not. :roll:

Good luck!

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby kathymichelle » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:40 pm

I have tried swimming post surgery and it doesn't help either.

I dunno wish I had answers.
kathymichelle

Postby prism » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:23 am

Well, Thanks for the replies anyway-- :wink: I'm just trying to figure things out-- AlwaYs trying to figure things out. I just want "my life" back! :cry: I know I had strange symptoms before my heart surgery that could be explained by Chiari & SM. They were things I could manage though. So, I don't understand why everything has gone so totally haywire since my surgery.
On the other hand, I have had a lot of improvement over the last month and a half, which I also don't totally understand! I've gone off a lot of the drugs they had me on and that may be the main reason, or maybe my "chiari" and supposed SM are not the cause...I know EDS can cause a lot of weird symptoms too and it's so impossible to find doctors who know anything about these conditions.

Anyway, thanks for listening and commenting. prism
prism

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders