New Neurologist appt

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

New Neurologist appt

Postby hoz74 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:12 pm

Well I went to my new NL, she read my latest x rays of my neck and thoracic spine and my neck is curving the wrong way and I have slight scoliosis too. She says the muscles are so tight in my neck I may have herniated a disc that is the reason i am having so much pain and numbness in my one arm and I get to go for a MRI Monday and get to have an EMG done and PT for my neck, I have several prescriptions to fill and the pharmicist looks at me funny because between the NL and my family doc I have now been in the drug store about 5 times this past month lol. I am happy we are getting things done and yet at the same time feeling like a human pin cushion too. Oh well hope everyone has a good weekend I am off to southern Ohio to spend time with my In laws(God help me)
Luv Hoz
ACM decompression surgery sept 06
Lord Keep your arm around my shoulders
and your hand over my mouth
hoz74

Postby Janice » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:29 pm

Hi Hoz,

Glad to hear things appear to be moving in the right direction. Also, I can relate to the pharmacy humor, lol.

Hope all goes well on Monday and for future visits, treatment plans. Hope the trip with the in-laws is as good as can be, I'll be on that same type of trip in a week and a half.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby mac » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:22 pm

Holly, okay, forgive me, but I'm wondering about instability with you, since you've had the PFD...if your neck is curved wrong way, sounds like your head was finding a solid place to rest, if you know what I mean. I have this with my broken and unstable C 1....many people who have had PFD do end up with instability for one reason or the other...so anyway, it's just a thought to tuck away and if the PT doesn't help or makes your symptoms worse (watch for that!) then you might mention instability to your doctor...

have a good weekend, I know you can!

hugs
mac
mac

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders