I'm having a bad episode

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

I'm having a bad episode

Postby hayla2 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:38 am

Yesterday I started feeling alot of pressure in my neck and was having some blurred vision. Later it radiated up the left side of my head and the pain settled in the weakest area, which was my bad tooth. I was in severe pain. Not just the tooth, my whole left side of my head and neck.

I found that laying on my left side with some support on my neck relieved a little of the pressure.

I am up this morning with blurred vision and the pain and pressure in my neck. And my ear feels full.

Any idea what is going on? Melissa
hayla2

Postby mac » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:18 am

hayla, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Did you do anything extra recently (maybe about 2 days ago?) that would have caused this sort of flare up?

mac
mac

Postby hayla2 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:55 am

The only thing I did was open my big mouth and said I was actually feeling a little better lately. I guess my body wanted to state otherwise.
hayla2

Postby hayla2 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:31 am

I am going to the NS next Monday. I am not getting better. The pressure in my neck is still worse, I am now fighting nausea, and the left side of my head still feels full. I am concerned about brain stem compression. I don't want surgery. I might not have a choice.
I am so scared of dying on the operating table. I wonder how many people have died having the decom. surgery. Sometimes this is too much!
Oh my brain! It is too big to be contained, yet too little to hold a memory. Hehehehehe
hayla2

Postby the 4ks » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:51 pm

Are you sure you aren't having a Toothache?
Sometimes people come in where I work (dental office) and their neck and head feel the same way.
the 4ks

Postby kiminfla » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:04 pm

Melissa, Sorry you're having such a bad time. Hope it goes well with the NS Monday. Surgery is definitely a tough decision. For me, by the time I got to an expert I had been getting much worse and quickly so I was definitely ready to go for it. I pray things improve for you. Be blessed, Kim
Last edited by kiminfla on Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

PAIN

Postby razzle51 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:08 pm

Yes Penny I was thinking the same , something wrong with her teeth or sinuses.

also read what Dr. B has to say about dying its not the Chiari its the circumstances . You dont die from Chiari so get that out of your head .

http://www.chiariconnectioninternationa ... ctor.php#2

Take care .
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby hayla2 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:16 pm

No. the tooth got taken care of. The pressure at the base of the skull is aweful. And the left side of my head still feels full. Every time I move my head pressure and pain shoots through my head, just as it would if I just got up from standing on my head. It will do that periodically on bad days but now it won't let up.
Oh my brain! It is too big to be contained, yet too little to hold a memory. Hehehehehe
hayla2

Postby hayla2 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:23 pm

I forgot to mention that yesterday at church I was standing and clapping to the music and I was able to clap through one song and then the pressure got so bad that my head was in pain but also my left arm went into severe cramp mode and I couldn't move it for about 5 minutes. It was weird.
hayla2

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders