bladder control

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

bladder control

Postby prism » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:21 pm

I know just enough about chiari and sm. to know that it can affect your bowel and bladder control- but does this have any bearing on how progressed condition is or how bad? Or is it just one of those things- :roll:
I notice I have a very hard time not "leaking" when I am having trouble walking as well. prism
prism

Postby hartagold23 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:08 am

In my case, it's gotten progressively worse and is not getting better. But let's see what the others say about this. I'm curious, too, about this.

Barb
SM/TCS/SB-lipoma/B12 def/Scoliosis/IBS. Had TCS surgery May 24 '07-syrinx totally drained! CSF leak repair--July 16 '07. Currently using a walker for short distances, probably permanently. Surgery was worth it to kill most of the pain!
hartagold23

Postby Janice » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:36 am

Good Morning,

Once I lost bladder control, and it is also mainly when walking, a few months later the shaking that was in my leg moved to my arm. However, since February there have been little things that come and go but no long lasting symptoms.

That said, I think the progressing can happen at any time from now on. Everytime something different happens it's scary but then you have no choice but to adapt to it, if it continues.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders