New Dr appt Today!!! Some one listened

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

New Dr appt Today!!! Some one listened

Postby precious » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:12 pm

This is the most progress i have made since Feb. so i feel a little sence of relief.
I just went to a new Dr today and he has been this first to actually sit and listen to me and attempt to help. He got me started on somthing to help me hopefully with some of my pain. I am going to start on Lortab and cyclobenzoprine?? I am not sure if those are spelled right. Just as you suggested Dawn, they are trying to keep me comfortable and gave me a list of NS at the University of Utah that can hopefully help me. I will be contacting them first thing monday morning. I was so happy to have help that I had to share my happieness with all of you. My other Dr that I saw back in April when i told her how much pain i was in and she saw my syrinx she put me on Ultram and assured me it would help. I called her and told her I was still in alot of pain and she said she didnt feel comfortable doing anything stronger for me and my Dr today just informed me that those didnt help me because they are not pain killers. So i cant wait to start experiencing some relief. Thank you for sharing my good day! Hope all is going well for many of you also... have a Fabulous Friday.

Precious
precious

Postby mac » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:18 pm

Oh precious, you made my day! I'm so happy for you and this is such good news!! What a wonderful thing to have time with a nice doctor who honors and respects you!! A true blessing. thanks for sharing and I pray those new meds will help you get a handle on the pain real quick!

hugs
mac
mac

Postby Janice » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:18 pm

Hi Precious,

Glad to hear it!! Hope all goes well on Monday.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Drs.Medications ?

Postby Bryan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:34 pm

Hi Precious it is great to have Drs. who take there time and listen they are always so busy . I have been on loratabs for a couple of years they seem to help with the Headaches I thought maybe they weren't a couple of times so I started taking a 1/2 one 3 times a day for a couple of days and the Headache pain increased.
Good Luck
Chiari II surgery 1974 age 17 before MRI's found with Pneumoencephalogram.Suboccipital Craniectomy:Lamminectomy of C1 & C2 and Scarred Cerebellar Tonsils.
I now have Tonsillar Hernition;Syrinx and Basilar Invagination.
Bryan

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders