cold laser therapy for pain

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

cold laser therapy for pain

Postby prism » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:35 am

Hi,

Question to anybody who's used cold laser treatment- did you have any adverse effects? And what type of laser did your doctor use?
prism
prism

therapy

Postby razzle51 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:02 am

Have never heard of it . So I looked it up .
http://www.healiohealth.com/tek9.asp?pg ... c=joksemp8
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby prism » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:20 pm

Thanks for the link Razzle,
I've been getting cold laser from my chiro- (it's the only way he will treat me)
For the sake of self-education I'll try to compare this one with the one he uses. ie: http://www.erchonia.org/
Things have just gone a little haywire so I wanted to see if anybody else knew anything about complications with this treatment or not. It sounds like it's all pretty safe.
Thanks again. prism
prism

Postby Snoozie » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:27 pm

Hi Prism, the laser that they used on me looked like the one on Roz's link. I only felt a little tingling when they did it but not always. It seemed like I got some relief from it such as the stiffness in my elbow being better and that contributed to pain relief.

It did seem to stop working after maybe 2 weeks. Now that could be the placebo affect wearing off. I always go into these new treatments with alot of hope that this will be the one. So usually I do get relief but so far with all it has been short lived.

Now massage therapy was great but I can't afford to go like I want. Man I wish I could get insurance to pay for it. Then Iwould be a happy camper...Sue
Snoozie

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders