3 days left

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

3 days left

Postby Jenintexas » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:00 pm

Well I have the rest of today and Sunday and Monday and then I leave at 5:30Am Tuesday to head to the hospital for decompression surgery. I have been holding up pretty good and staying busy so I try not to to think about it much. Trying to clean my house from top to bottom because I am sure my husband will have his hands full with everything I keep in tact day after day. (LOL maybe now he will know) :twisted:

please keep me in your prayers. I know everything will turn out great. I am keeping a positive attitude about it and trying to stay calm. Thank you all for all the great advice you sent me.

Lots of hugs,
Jenintexas

I will have someone update everyone on the site just as soon as I can!!! :lol:
Jenintexas

Postby kittb » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:16 pm

You're in our prayers!
Kittb
If you ever lose yourself, call on me and we'll be lost together-Kitt
kittb

3 days

Postby prism » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:38 pm

yes, praying for you, may it all go smoothly. 8) prism
prism

thank you

Postby Jenintexas » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:27 pm

thank you both!! I am staying positive and praying daily. :wink:
Jenintexas

Postby Ryzing » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:49 pm

Best of luck!

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby Mary Alice » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:35 pm

Good luck, Jen! Where in Texas are you? I'm a Texan too and will be having surgery later this month!
You will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers,
Mary Alice
Mary Alice

Postby hartagold23 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:10 am

Yes, good luck with everything--you will be just FINE!!

With love,

Barb :)
SM/TCS/SB-lipoma/B12 def/Scoliosis/IBS. Had TCS surgery May 24 '07-syrinx totally drained! CSF leak repair--July 16 '07. Currently using a walker for short distances, probably permanently. Surgery was worth it to kill most of the pain!
hartagold23

Postby mac » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:08 am

Jen, I am praying for you, your doctors and your family! Surgery is a lot to go through, no doubt about that. I'm glad you have the positive attitude and I can't wait to hear how you are doing when you are able to let us know. Where are you having the surgery? Have to send special prayers about "where" as well!!

big hugs....keep talking to us up until you leave, it's a good place to while away some time and keep busy...and help a few folks too!

hugs, mac
mac

ty

Postby Jenintexas » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:21 am

Wow two days left and i am getting a bit Jittery. I went to bed after midnight and woke up before 6am. Couldn't sleep. Too much on my mind. Iam sure this is normal feelings one would get before undergoing surgery. I might need to take something tonight to calm my nerves a bit. Pain wise I have been fine for 48 hours now. But nerves are getting the best of me now. It is very nice to have all of you to talk to as I am sure most of you have been here at the two day mark etc. I keep saying to myself that this too will pass. I know it will just a little anxious.

Thanks for the continued prayers. Jenintexas 8mm cm
Jenintexas

Postby Littlepixie1981 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:01 am

Good luck Jen

Lydia x
England
Littlepixie1981

Postby kiminfla » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:51 am

Jen, Prayers for your upcoming surgery -- may this be a HUGE first step on your parth of wellness. Can't wait to read your success story! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby Janice » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:21 pm

Hi Jenn,

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Take it easy, don't do too much. Nervousness is normal just before surgery. I had surgery on Tuesday, non-related to the SM but I didn't sleep at all Monday night. I can at least get a few hours in over night but none that night. All went well and all will go well for you. I pray for a healthy recovery and all the support you will need from family and friends.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Thank you

Postby Jenintexas » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:22 pm

I cannot say thank you all enough for you words of encouragement and prayers. I really do feel that this site is why I stay as positive as I do. Thanks again. I go for my pre opt in the am and I will chat with you all again after that. Take care, Jen
Jenintexas

surgery

Postby hoz74 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:10 am

Good luck hun and remember to REST REST REST stay off your feet and on your butt as much as possible when you get home, will be praying for a speedy recovery for you.
luv Hoz
ACM decompression surgery sept 06
Lord Keep your arm around my shoulders
and your hand over my mouth
hoz74

Postby mac » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:19 am

Jen, check in with us after your pre op stuff today...let us know how it went...and then do well!! Okay? I hear a special person is going to keep us updated and I'm so glad!

mac
mac

Next

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders