oxygen ?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

oxygen ?

Postby prism » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:45 am

Hi,
This is gonna sound crazy, But. :roll: does anybody know if oxygen therapy (hyperbaric chamber) would cause more problems for chiari, sm, tc?
I have this chiro who offered to let me use the chamber for free if it doesn't help- so it seemed like a no- brainer, like oxygen can't hurt you, right?
Chiros seem weird to me. The ones I see have these -latest technology- treatments that they don't really understand how they work, but they believe in them wholeheartedly. And they tend to I don't know be so "I've got the answers" in their attitudes. Initially, I liked how they could at least look at the big picture- but I don't know what to think now.
(the one good thing the oxygen therapy has done for me is it's taken most of the swelling from my heart surgery down.(swelling has lasted wAy too long)
Any thoughts appreciated. prism
prism

HELLO

Postby razzle51 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:01 am

Well dont know about the hyperbaric chamber. But do know a Chiropractor is a no no when dealing with Chiari . I read up on the chamber and it is interesting therapy.My son had to go in there to get some swelling down on his leg before they did surgery on it. Thats all I know . But me personally I wouldnt do it. Does the Chiro have a chamber in his Chiro office? If so that is strange. Being that there is no info on it and SM/CM and is not widely used I would be leary .
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby mac » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:38 am

prism, I wrote you a long note on the Lounge, some of it refers to the oxygen issue...

mac
mac

Postby Graybo » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:24 am

Hi Prism

I am interested in oxygen things. I read a book by Ed McCabe called 'Flood your body with oxygen' which tells you all about different oxygen therapies like hyperbaric chambers and also including ozone and hydrogen peroxide use for treating diseases. Might be worth having a read of something like that. He also has a video on YouTube about oxygen.
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... =ed+mccabe

I have used food grade hydrogen peroxide in water as a drink. It does need to be diluted if you try it though. A few drops in a glass of water, if you have too much it will give you diarrhea. You can get peroxide in different strengths like 3%, 6%, and 35% etc. You can use the 3% as a mouthwash but the higher strength ones must be diluted first. If you get 35% on your skin, it will make the skin go white for 30 minutes or so before disappearing, and it also stings on cuts etc.

I used to go see a bone setter who does similar treatments to a chiro but is much cheaper, and you usually only need to see him once. Our local bone setter treats all the rugby and other sports injuries by manipulation and massage. I went several times with lower back disc injuries and he always helped a lot, as well as helping lots of other people I know who had shoulder, neck and back problems, and dislocated joints.

I would rather go to someone like that than any dr.

GP
Graybo

Postby kathymichelle » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:41 am

Hi there..I have been reading on peroxide therapies..its interesting stuff.

I will watch the youtube video and get back to you.

Kind of like to hear lots of information and formulate a decision from there.
kathymichelle

oxygen therapy

Postby prism » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:10 pm

Hi all,

The nurse from TCI wrote me saying Dr. B. ok'd the hyperbaric chamber therapy.

I wish there had been just a little bit more to the note- even one clarifying comment, but... there wasn't. I've been reading more on it, anything I can find-- I started watching the video, (but had a severe and long-standing chest /arm/hand pain that interrupted me temporarily)

There seems to me to be a real lack of knowledge on these treatments (and I say these because there are variables in the pressure -- the one I rented is 4lbs. of pressure--- in a hospital setting it would be a lot more, there are also variables as to whether there is additional oxygen given or if it's just the available oxygen - pressurized) (( if i sound like I know what I'm talking about i don't)) :roll:

Anyway, in regards to raising ICP and CSF I've read varying reports. It may have something to do with the amount of hours spent in the chamber and the specifics of the chamber itself. (this, I thought may be applicable to my own situation?)

The ???? questions truly disturb me but Dr. B. has so far as I've heard, an impeccable reputation.
Thanks for the replies and if you all learn anything else on the matter, I'd be interested.
prism
prism

Postby SMLady » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:48 pm

If you try it, let us know how it works. Is a chiropractor the only person who does this though? I won't let a chiropractor touch me these days. Do you know if this is something covered by insurance?

Thanks!
SMLady

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders