Hello Everyone....I'm new

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Hello Everyone....I'm new

Postby Raindrops » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:50 pm

[color=red]Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this board (been lurking for a while :wink: ). I was diagnose w/ SM & Chiari malformation when I was 19 (8 years ago :!: ). My main symptom is headaches (if thats what you can call them), and neck and shoulder pain. Another problem I have is enuresis :( ..........., Yes I hate to admit it but it's a HUGE problem as I'm sure you can imagine. I live in NY and when I was first diagnose via MRI, I went to see Dr.Milhorat and he said that enuresis was one of the symptoms. Is anyone else having the enureasis as a symptom? If so how are you coping w/ it? How often does it happen? I havent been able to pinpoint anything that sets it off, I've taken logs, I've tried not drinking after a certain time, I've tried setting an alarm to wake myself up but that's not logical [color=red]anymore ( I have a 6 month old daughter) speaking of that...........the WHOLE time I was pregnant
I didn't have an accedient...NOT once :shock: . Anyhow. But since she's been born it's starting again. It varies, sometimes it happens twice a week, once a month. I just don't get it :?: !

Any advice or insight will be appreciated. :)

Thanks,
Raindrops[/color]
[/color]
Last edited by Raindrops on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raindrops

Postby SMLady » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:51 pm

I was told that this happens when the syrinx expands/grows/etc. I'm sorry to hear you have it so often. And you are so young.
SMLady

Postby YLAURIE » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:25 pm

Raindrops,

Hello! Welcome to the board. I am new myself, and also just came out of lurking. I'm sorry, I can't help you with your symptom, that is one I have not had. I do hope you find some answers. Also congrats, on the new baby girl! Take care.
Laurie
http://laurieyeh.blogspot.com/
YLAURIE

Postby kiminfla » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:43 pm

That's not one of my issues either but wanted to welcome you to the board -- you too Laurie!! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

problem

Postby razzle51 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:06 pm

Dont have that problem either but welcome . :D
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

enuresis

Postby loren67 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:11 pm

i have the problem also. it improved somewhat since my tethered cord surgery, but if my bladder is full, i'll have an accident. the night time wakening is brutal. i'm not sure if it is related, but baclofen helps keep it in check for me. it makes sense since your bladder is a muscle. maybe you should touch base with dr. m again. i had no symptoms until after childbirth and then was dx. with cm, sm and tcs. enuresis is a symptom of tethered cord as well. just a thought. welcome to the board. jenn
loren67

Postby blue1 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:37 pm

Code: Select all
Laisez les bons temps rouler
text
blue1

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders