My Doctor wants to know..............

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Postby dizzy2 » Mon May 21, 2007 9:57 pm

My sleep paralysis happened to me when I woke up out of a sleep. I didn't even know about cm. If I get woken up out of a sleep by my kids or husband I get really shakey and thats when it could happen to me. I tell them not to wake me up unless it's absolutely necessary. I've woke up before and not known where I was. I did but I didn't. It was really weird. What did your dr. say about the sleep paralysis? Is it a neurological thing? I don't even know what or if there is any compressed spinal fluid flow. I still need to find this out. I tell ya, if I knew the surgery would completely get rid of my dizzyness I would have it right away. I can't stand it.

Where are you from? If you're from CA I'd tell ya to call me when you are experiencing these symptoms when you are scared and I could talk you through it. Or any other time you need someone to talk to. I know I could use someone to talk to about this. No one seems to understand. I look forward to getting on here and just talking to everyone who knows what we are talking about.

WEll, blessings to you and much success in your recovery.

Lidia
dizzy2

Postby hayla2 » Tue May 22, 2007 6:22 am

Most of you have said that you battle many of these symptoms. I am curious, have any of you been tested for Narcolepsy? It is just odd that you have at least a few of these symptoms and yet say you don't have the disorder. Just wondering. I go for my sleep study next week. I am hoping it will be like a vacation. Me, myself, sleeping! No kids, no snoring hubby. Hmmm. It may be the best sleep yet! Hehehehe
hayla2

sleep

Postby hoz74 » Tue May 22, 2007 6:51 am

Hi all,
I get the sleep paralysis when I fall asleep. My doc didnt say much about it. These small town docs around here don't have a clue. They want to send me to a sleep clinic, but it is hard for me because my hubby works night shift and he is a boss and we have three kids too look after too. I am from OH (long way from CA) If i ever go on Vacation I will let ya know lol 8)
Hoz
ACM decompression surgery sept 06
Lord Keep your arm around my shoulders
and your hand over my mouth
hoz74

Postby dizzy2 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:21 pm

Hayla, have you had your sleep study? I have not been on board on a daily basis. I would love to hear what they found. I hope all went well. I have never been tested for narcolepsy. I don't think that my sx I have are for that dx. Thank God I havn't had any sleep paralysis in almost a year. I don't ever want to experience this again. It really scared me. My mind went mush too. I didn't know where I was, I did but I didn't. Very scary!

Well, hope all is well and your test came out negative.

Blessings,
Lidia
dizzy2

Postby Gracie Rose » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:55 pm

I had several of those issues but after my de-tethering/decompression/fusion, my central apnea disappeared, along with the symptoms. Dr. B told me they would.

I have ACM/EDS/TCS/RO

Lisa
Gracie Rose

Postby mac » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:10 am

I had sleep paralysis this afternoon, waking up from a 2 hour nap. I hated it! I had had it 3 years ago, close after my injury. But not really since then. Today, it was just plain weird.

mac
mac

Previous

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders