charity for TCI visit and tests?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

charity for TCI visit and tests?

Postby prism » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:45 pm

Hi all,

When I first heard about TCI I was told by some that there were "lots" of financial helps for people like me who don't have much money and may not be able to get insurance coverage for a visit to TCI and the :shock: seven tests prior to that they ordered.
I've spoken with the founder of wishes and rainbows and am vaguely aware of angel flights. Wishes and Rainbows generally only donate $200 per person- does anyone know of other places to apply for financial aide for these issues?
prism
prism

another course

Postby razzle51 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:59 pm

you can always check with the Clinical trails at National Institutes of Health

http://clinicaltrials.gov/search/term=C ... lformation.

I dont know to much about the program but some people on the board have been there. Here is a contact number but read thru all of this and you may qualify for free care.

(800) 411-1222 prpl@mail.cc.nih.gov
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby mac » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:50 am

Hi, prism, good question. I'm not aware of lots of help to get to TCI. I know you can also get a free flight from the airlines for medical purposes if you have financial need. I'll try to find that info, maybe Roz has it.

If you are in financial need, but have insurance at home, then I believe the doctors at TCI will try to work with the imaging you can get closer to home, thus covered by your insurance.

There are rooms available at times at the Variety House, near TCI. These rooms are usually for surgery patients and their families, but if there is room available when you are there, you can stay there for $25 a night and there is a kitchen where you can cook meals, etc, thus a savings.

You can call Ed in billing to find out how much a self-pay evaluation is. I know they will make a deal for you if you are self pay, but they also will want, I am guessing, $550 up front when you arrive there for the consult.

If you can get a free flight, the $200 from W&R will help with taxis and food, if you can stay at VH....can use your local imaging....then you may only have to come up with $1500 ballpark. That's still a lot of money, BUT there are ways to raise money, having yard sales...getting a loan, asking friends to hold a fundraiser for you...it's really possible.

How does this sound to you?

mac
mac

angel flights

Postby razzle51 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:36 am

Here is a schedule for Angel flights

This is something good to know :
www.angelflightamerica.org/
www.angelflight.org/ West
www.angelflightse.org/ Southeast
www.angelflightne.org/ Northeast
www.angelflighteast.org/ East
www.angelflightsc.org/ Southcentral
www.angelflightcentral.org/ Central
www.angelflightmidatlantic.org/ MidAlantic
www.angelflight.org.au/ Australia

MercyFlights
mercyflight.org/

Air Care Alliance
www.aircareall.org/

Childrens Flight of hope
www.childrensflightofhope.org/
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

financial aide

Postby prism » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:10 am

Thanks on all counts. That gives me some things to look into. Thank you so much. prism
prism

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders