I have chronic bronchitis

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

I have chronic bronchitis

Postby keggler » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:27 pm

I also have ACM S/M and COPD and I don't smoke anymore---haven't in two years.....Anyway I went to the doctor with problems breathing----1st thing--A breathing treatment---then a chest x-ray(o-kay) then two inhalers,albuterol and Combivent, then benzonatate,moxifloxacin,and hydrocodone four times a day as need for cough supressant......

I have a Hiatal hernia, high BP,and cholesterol------with all these plus topimax,and other meds, so now you see why I eat so healthy.

I beleive the fires in Flordia and Georgia have caused my health to go down,I can taste the smoke fires from the trees in the smoke that has migrated here. I'am glad the time for storms has findly come and some relief is findly here.

I guess the doctor is planning for me to stay at home,for the next week,altho I did go today and audition for another movie thats being shot
in and around hometown. "Gospel Hill" With Danny Glover,Angela Bassett, Julia Stiles,Simon Baker,and Tom Bower.I'll see if I get a part or do back ground....either way I've pertty much got a job(I know someboby).

Is anyone else having breathing problems? Thanks

Later...Jerry in Carolina...
"You are what you eat----and-----You are what you think"

"Be Good To Yourself"
CM1-S/M-Basilar Invagination
keggler

Postby kathymichelle » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:04 pm

Hi Jerry..cool beans! I wish I knew someone to get a job as an extra too!

I love movies and watch whenever I feel up to it. I don't go to the movies, I wait until they come out in DVD to see them.

I hope your breathing gets better. all my best to you!
kathymichelle

Postby kiminfla » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:38 pm

Jerry, I've had episodes of shortness of breath for the past year, both before and since my pfd surgery. I've noticed that the Georgia/Florida fires have increased my episodes too. I'm going Wednesday for a nuclear stress test for my heart -- the fun just doesn't stop for us, does it? But I applaud your attitude -- don't let anything get you down! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby SMLady » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:42 pm

I, fortunately, do not have breathing problems, but when we were in Florida these past two weeks, all the way down in Sarasota we could smell the smoke. It was always first thing in the morning. You'd go outside around 6 or 7, and you could smell the smoke. It would always dissapate by around 9, but it was strong.

Hope you get to feeling better.
SMLady

Postby powerlineman » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:44 pm

I have to check the air quality reports here so I know to prepare myself when I go out. We had a ton of smoke here from Georgia also and it was horrible. I used to be on Duratuss when I couldnt breathe and it worked very well.
powerlineman

breathing

Postby hoz74 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:11 pm

dont have that problem up here in ohio, just the humidity bothers my breathing, but hope you are feeling better soon and good luck with the movie job.
Hoz
ACM decompression surgery sept 06
Lord Keep your arm around my shoulders
and your hand over my mouth
hoz74

Postby powerlineman » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:33 pm

Going to be a horrible summer here in the South. Its already in the 90's with high humidity. Its going to be nasty come August...
powerlineman

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders