This post from a newbie

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

This post from a newbie

Postby razzle51 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:02 pm

She sent this to me and I will copy to here.Some of you may remember her.

Hello Everyone,
I have never posted before because my story is so long that I didn't want to bore everyone. I was first diagnosed with ACM/SM in 1995 after a car accident. I have been a member of ASAP since August of 2000, when I had my first decompression. In May of 2006 I had a second decompression by Drs. Milhorat and Bolognese from TCI.
My name is Mary Bonds, age 54, married, I have 2 children, 4 stepchildren, 2 grandchildren and another grandchild due in August. I live in St. Louis, MO. My husband Mel is an absolute saint and I probably would never have survived this long without his unconditional love and devotion. My nickname is "Rockhead" because I never give up until basically, I get my own way. lol
The last 12 years have been a real test of faith. I have had 3 cervical fusions, hysterectomy, 3 knee surgeries, carpal tunnel surgery, shoulder surgery, and 2 decompressions w/duraplasty and laminectomy of C1. Please don't feel sorry for me because everyday I wake up is a great day!
Mary
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby mac » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:40 pm

Hi there Mary bonds! Good to meet you! My name is mac and I want to tell you that your story would not bore me! But oh my goodness, you may take the trophy for the number of surgeries. I think if you were posting here you could be of so much help to so many people, b/c you've had so much experience! 3 fusions! have you had the CCF/extraction fusion? At TCI? How are you doing re that? I am going to have that later this year, so I'm getting all the feedback i can get on what to expect.

Mary, I hope you won't be shy, and I hope you will post for yourself, altho it works okay for me if Roz passes it along! 8)

Big hugs to you, you deserve them!

mac
mac

Postby keggler » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:45 pm

Hello there----I remember Mary.....Glad to send a howdy from the Carolina guy---WOW what a lot of operations in a short period of time. I guess they plan on you staying around awhile. I've been doing ok on a lot of meds lately, but we do what we have to.I was Dx in 1999 after a MVA Whip-lash

Let us hear from you....Jerry in Carolina...
"You are what you eat----and-----You are what you think"

"Be Good To Yourself"
CM1-S/M-Basilar Invagination
keggler

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders