Passing out?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Passing out?

Postby socialdkitty » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:00 pm

When I stand up, the pressure in my head becomes so great I feel like my brain is going to explode and I'm going to pass out. Ive never actually passed out yet, but I think I could possibly at any time. Has anyone else had problems with this?
socialdkitty

Postby daynthelife » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:35 pm

no...how often is this happening?
daynthelife

Postby socialdkitty » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:50 pm

It happens like once or twice a day..just happened a minute ago so thats why I posted to ask if anyone else has experienced it...It feels like there is a lot of pressure in my ears also.
socialdkitty

Postby cash71 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:14 pm

I feel like passing out when I stand up frequently but mine is due to a drop in my BP when standing up. Maybe check out a few sources for symptoms of Orthostatic Hypotension and POTS (2 things common with cm) and see if any bells start ringing.

http://www.dinet.org/NCS/ncs.htm

http://www.dizziness-and-hearing.com/di ... tatic.html

HTH,

Caroline
Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle (Plato)

Syrinx C3-T9, CM zero, OTC, cranial settling, dysautonomia/POTS, and ?EDS

see my blog for more info: http://www.chiariandsyringomyeliaincanada.blogspot.com/
cash71

almost passing out

Postby prism » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:21 pm

yes, it happens here a lot. can't tell you exactly why. prism
prism

Postby blue1 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:38 pm

I get dizzy alot with buzzing in my ear and if it got bad enough I could probably get to that point. I do not know what it is maybe meds.
I take Vicoden recently changed to percocet, baclofen, zanaflex, an zonegran
What are you taking.Be very careful Please!
Blue1
Laisez les bons temps rouler
blue1

Postby mamaw112499 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:01 pm

Dear Socialkitty,
Hi, my name is Barbara and yes I have that same problem, but mine is worse if I bend over, or cough. I have the pressure feeling in my head constant and everyday, some days are worse than others. I went to my Doctor today and he wants me to contact Univ. of Chicago or the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. I do not know what to do, but I know what you are experiencing and it is not fun at all. I tend to lose my balance also when this occurs. I wish only the best for you......Barbara
mamaw112499

MAMAW

Postby razzle51 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:41 pm

Mayo in MN would not be a very good choice as far as Chiari and Syringomyelia . I sent you a PM. They are still in the training stages .
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby hartagold23 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:12 pm

Yes, before my surgery, I got that pressure feeling in the head, too, just as you describe. And I used to get "near" fainting spells, too. My doctor said it was because I wasn't getting good drainage of CS fluid out of my brain ventricles, so a lot of intracranial pressure was building up. Also, I had very high blood pressure. It's much better now, just 3 weeks after surgery (for tethered cord). I guess the fluid has readjusted itself.

Barb
SM/TCS/SB-lipoma/B12 def/Scoliosis/IBS. Had TCS surgery May 24 '07-syrinx totally drained! CSF leak repair--July 16 '07. Currently using a walker for short distances, probably permanently. Surgery was worth it to kill most of the pain!
hartagold23

Postby sparks42 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:19 pm

this happens about twice a day....

When I have my headaches....which starts in my neck and turns into a pressure headache.....I'll try to stand up....and the world will seem to go white.....and I have to sit right back down...or pass out.

I haven't actually passed out....but I know that's what will hapeen if I don't sit back down, and stay down for a minute.

I'm at work right now...I do tech support for Roadrunner at a computer screen and I have a HUGE headache right now :(
owwww I wanna go home but I won't get paid :(

I hate SM :(

- SM and Scoliosis and Spinal Fusion
- 20/f
sparks42

Postby socialdkitty » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:02 pm

I don't take any medicine, I just somehow get by without it. I'm afraid to have pain and not be able to feel it because then I dont know how severe, etc. it is. Thanks for the advice though, I'll check into it.
socialdkitty

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders