Warm/Hot sensations..........

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Warm/Hot sensations..........

Postby Raindrops » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:37 am

I've been getting these in my hands and arms lately. The first few times it happened I jumped b/c I thought something spilled :( on me but it was nothing there........... It's been happening on and off now for a few weeks. Has this or does this anyone else? :?: :?:
Raindrops

Postby Mary Alice » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:51 pm

I get these up and down my arms. Lately I've started getting the icy cold feeling on the outer part of my left thigh. I would swear to you someone just poured ice water on my leg. It's strange because my NS says that it is too low on my body to be related to my cervical syrinx.

I'm having decompression next week, and he is going to do a lumbar scan while I am in the hospital to check the status of tethered cord. He thinks the tethered cord would be a more likely culprit for the icy leg feeling.

It is very odd though! Not something you want to say out loud unless you want people to truly think you are nuts! :lol:
Mary Alice in Texas
Mary Alice

Postby unicorns » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:31 pm

The weird sensations I get are that my knees (especially the right one) feel wet - not hot or cold, just wet! It's really strange.
Barbara
unicorns

interesting...

Postby sparks42 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:00 am

Hey I've had that feeling before and thought nothing of it. Interesting....
it felt like....a really cold drip on my body.....then ya look and it's not wet!
I don't remember where on my body that was.
- Syringomyelia, Scoliosis, Spinal Fusion, no CM
- 24 year old female
- London Ontario Canada
sparks42

Postby cash71 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:11 pm

Yes, I don't have the warm sensation mine feels like cold water running down the back of my left leg from my knee down. Very strange sensation.
Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle (Plato)

Syrinx C3-T9, CM zero, OTC, cranial settling, dysautonomia/POTS, and ?EDS

see my blog for more info: http://www.chiariandsyringomyeliaincanada.blogspot.com/
cash71

I know it well

Postby equestrian » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:23 pm

Hey there everyone! I too get this, but I describe it as icy/hot, or like I rubbed Tiger Balm or Bengay on the inside of my shirt and then put it on. When the ac in the car came on and the air hit my rt. elbow I jumped because like you say it was like someone was throwing ice water on me. It has really scared me, because I thought it meant I was going down hill fast, but the last 4 days have been pretty good, I have felt it little or none at all. How long have you all felt this, and does yours come and go?
Thanks, and God bless you all!!! :D
equestrian

Re: I know it well

Postby Raindrops » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:43 am

equestrian wrote:Hey there everyone! I too get this, but I describe it as icy/hot, or like I rubbed Tiger Balm or Bengay on the inside of my shirt and then put it on. When the ac in the car came on and the air hit my rt. elbow I jumped because like you say it was like someone was throwing ice water on me. It has really scared me, because I thought it meant I was going down hill fast, but the last 4 days have been pretty good, I have felt it little or none at all. How long have you all felt this, and does yours come and go?
Thanks, and God bless you all!!! :D

Haven't been gettingthese sensations for too long, just a few weeks...they come and go (last for few seconds). really freaks me out.
Raindrops

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders