pain med morphine.

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

pain med morphine.

Postby bunny » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:58 am

Hi All
I went to a new pain Doc. today and he is first doc that i have been to that had heard of syringomyelia.I told him that i quit taking neurton because it made me feel like a zombie and i have been taking viciton
for pain.I have been having trouble sleeping with pain in my legs etc. etc. etc. So he gave me morphine 15mg.twice a day is that a bad thing to go to?Any thoughts?

S.M.T4-T11 to conus
thanks Bunny
bunny

Postby mac » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:31 am

Hi bunny and welcome to the board. Looks like we are both up tonight, depending on where we live, I guess...it's 3:30 am here...we all know the drill. You say you are having trouble sleeping with pain in your legs...me too (tethered cord). I really don't have a single bit of advice for the leg/foot pain. It's a bummer, huh?

My little sister takes morphine twice a day just so she can work. She also has spinal cord injury. And I've heard of a few people posting here that take it. It's probably better for you because you are not getting all the Tylenol in the Vicodin which can ruin your kidneys, I'm guessing? Just two pills a day instead of the Vicodin every four hours (I take Norco every four hours and worrying about its effects on me)...

Well, those are my only thoughts at this moment, some may come later. Where are you from? What is your story? How old are you? Gee, I'm nosy tonight!!! Sorry!

yer new pal mac (an old cowgirl)
mac

Postby mac » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:07 am

bump...bunny, there is a recent discussion here about morphine I thought you might get some ideas...

how are you?

mac
mac

Postby gncrzy3 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:58 pm

I have sm ,,, and to be honest,, it was and still is the ONLY thing that works besides daladid ( sorry spelled wrong) for my pain,, I was on a time released capsule,, then I had pills that I could take that were instant release .. for my pain. The other pills like lyrica helped some,,but nothing took the severity of it. I still had pain on the morphine,, but It did the best job of anything,, I have been on so far!! I was also told that at some point,, they could put a morphine pump in my spine?? Not sure if that would be an option,, but hang in there!!
gncrzy3

no!!

Postby pandasmom » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:12 am

Hi,
I've been diagnosed with SM & i was on morphine in the past. Its a great drug for pain but let me tell you!!!! I got off of it and almost killed myself literally! The pain & anxiety is out of this world. I didn't sleep for days. I threw up & couldnt eat with severe muscle cramps that my mom thought were seizures. Great med for short term but long term its HELL!!!
:] hope this helps, sorry i just hate the drug!
pandasmom

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders