video motion flouroscopy

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

video motion flouroscopy

Postby prism » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:51 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have had a videoed motion flouroscopy test done. I've been Urged by my chiro to have one to rule out the need for surgery based on cervical spine instability.
I don't really trust him to work on me even if the test should show my spine stable enough- I was wondering if this test would be valuable in addition to the tests that TCI wants done, if it would show other really valuable information or if it's just something I should consider after my TCI app.
Does anyone have any knowledge on this? There doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there on it. Chiro insists it's just way cutting edge and he wouldn't advise it unless he really thought i needed it.
(he laid me on my stomach once to do cold laser and I couldn't get back up- or speak. He said that was way weird and that my left side was whacked and that maybe laying face down altered my neck position just enough to trigger a problem with the vagus nerve. :?:
Now that I put it into words here, I think I'm irritated with this guy- he's too pushy and I think he could do a lot of things, now, non-invasive to help me but he's short on time. (like stabilizing some my troublesome joints and helping me to understand alignment issues, not spine related)

Anyway, I'll leave this up just in case somebody knows something.
thanks. prism
prism

Postby WeeLassie » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:19 pm

It looks like something used by chiropractors only. I have never heard of a medical doctor ordering this test to be done.

http://www.becomehealthynow.com/article/diagmotion/633/
WeeLassie

Chiro's

Postby razzle51 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:43 pm

" been Urged by my chiro" Prism If it were me I wouldnt even be listening to a Chiro about Chiari or Syringomyelia . You really need to stop seeing him. :wink:
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

!!

Postby prism » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:48 pm

Well now, There's a woman who knows how to speak her mind!

:lol: I do love truth-tellers.
xox. prism

ps. the only reason I'm really going to him-- (there are two of them btw. is because the cold laser helps) And I was fed up with medical doctors-- who couldn't look at the big picture-
prism

Prism

Postby razzle51 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:56 pm

Well I can see you are very fustrated with all this new stuff happening in your life now . With a million questions and I hope and pray you find the right Dr. . Just trying to help . Never heard of the cold laser . Sounds interesting . :roll:
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

light hearted

Postby prism » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:51 am

Not to be misunderstood Raz-- I have meant this lightheartedly :D I do SO appreciate your comments, no matter what they are! ** prism
prism

Postby specialmomx2 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:31 pm

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't TCI use this while performing an Invasive Cervical Traction?

-Paula
"idiopathic" SM T3-T5 taking 50% of available space. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Cervical stenosis, DDD, metabolic issues including reactive hypoglycemia.

check out my blog: www.onesickmother.com
specialmomx2

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders