cervical PT -worse before it gets better?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

cervical PT -worse before it gets better?

Postby specialmomx2 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:19 pm

I started PT for cervical stenosis and related hand problems a few weeks ago. Since starting PT, my neck and back have been much less comfortable. (This is the main reason I have been relatively quiet around here).

I don't know if this is because I have to re-learn some posture things and there are definitely "bits" of me which were not well aligned. They probably need to realign themselves.

But I was wondering how long to expect to feel less well before I start to see positive results?

Does anyone have any ideas?

-Paula
"idiopathic" SM T3-T5 taking 50% of available space. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Cervical stenosis, DDD, metabolic issues including reactive hypoglycemia.

check out my blog: www.onesickmother.com
specialmomx2

Postby kiminfla » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:20 pm

Hi Paula, I did PT for about 6 weeks after my pfd and besides improving the range of motion in my neck, other issues that we focused on were spine education and improving my posture. At the end of the 6 weeks I probably had the best month or two of my whole post op experience. I've become more diligent recently with the exercises I learned and being mindful of how I'm holding my head, body position, etc. I definitely had a "good" phase after finishing PT but I don't always know what to attribute to what if that makes any sense!

I did notice you haven't been here as much. I was hoping it was because you were doing better -- I think I remember you said you were experimenting with diet after your glucose tolerance test. Sorry to hear that you're having a rough time. Big gentle hug for you! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby kiminfla » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:03 am

Paula, How's the PT going? Any improvement? Sure hope so. Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders