Getting Better -- Surgery Update

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Getting Better -- Surgery Update

Postby akbrowneyes » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:46 pm

Although the pain prior to my shunt placement is still here, I am gaining better control of my legs and walking now without a walker. My balance still has a long way to go, but I feel better from the surgery. I hope they are right and that the syrinx will continue to collapse and that eventually some of my pain will subside.

Thank you for all the messages at the hospital, they are so appreciated.

Valerie
akbrowneyes

Postby mac » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:33 pm

Val, this is such good news!! Thank you for letting us know. Are you back home in Alaska? If so, how was the trip post op for you?

I pray things will continue to improve. What great news that you are able to walk without the walker. God is so good!

blessings
mac
mac

Thank you!

Postby akbrowneyes » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:40 am

I am still at Harborview.
akbrowneyes

Postby mac » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:46 am

Hi, you are up late too then!! I'm just a few hours southeast of you, at home. Thinking of you and hope you can get some rest tonight. Sometimes it's so hard to sleep in the hospital with the nurses waking you up for meds and BP etc, or else they are talking out in the hall and keeping you awake!

big , but gentle hugs
mac
mac

Postby kiminfla » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:15 am

Valerie, So glad you're seeing improvements already -- what a blessing! Try not to overdo and keep us updated as you can. Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders