Too hot, too painful to wear clothes!

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Too hot, too painful to wear clothes!

Postby Sandy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:45 am

Does anybody else ever feel that way? I can't get dressed anymore. I never do unless I know someone is coming over or we have to go out. Just a gown, a loose lightweight gown.

When it get so hot (90 degrees and up) it nauseates me, I sweat terribly, and clothes are so uncomfortable they are painful.

So I just like I said wear a lightweight gown and sit by a fan, even iwth the a/c going.

Just wondering how the heat affects everybody individually. I know we're all different. I gained 10 lbs. over Christmas and haven't really tried to lose any of it because I knew when it got hot I'd have trouble eating substantially.

Look forward to hearing from you guys, how it affects you, too.

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby Bryan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:52 pm

I have always had troubles with heat as I get older it seems I get worse.I have a fan on me all of the time during the summer.I start wearing shorts when it get in the upper 60's in the spring until fall.
Even when I was a kid I lived in the pool I loved to play Baseball but the heat would ge the best of me and I couldn't last an hour or so. Basketball and Football were much better for me because the seasons were cooler.
When I turned 13 in 1970 I got real bad and had to discontinue all sports due to my Health my balance got so bad and the heat was unbareable of course I didn't know why until they found my problems with Chiari and did the surgery in 1974.
STAY COOL
Chiari II surgery 1974 age 17 before MRI's found with Pneumoencephalogram.Suboccipital Craniectomy:Lamminectomy of C1 & C2 and Scarred Cerebellar Tonsils.
I now have Tonsillar Hernition;Syrinx and Basilar Invagination.
Bryan

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders