question blood pressure

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

question blood pressure

Postby prism » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:08 pm

Just wondering about Chiari/sm,tc and heart related stuff if high blood pressure comes into play. Like today's little incident- does it ring familiar bells?

-- I had to beg not to be sent to ER by my chiro. (for cold laser) (I told him they don't help, and are mean)
My pulse and blood pressure were in the range he wanted me to go. My hands were blue to purple, I couldn't walk well, had severe pains in my head all morning prior to and then the bumping swerving car ride did me in. I also had bad spasming and cramped up deformed extremeties, slurring speech, pains down my arm, discomfort in my chest.
(while I normally experience almost all of these things daily, the pain in my head has been worse. I was surprised by 'high blood pressure since I usually have low BP)
Thanks again, prism
prism

Postby kiminfla » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:59 pm

Prism, My heart rate and bp fluctuate all over the place. Still haven't gotten to the bottom of that but my cardiologist is trying to help. When I got home after my surgery, every time I stood up my pulse went up from about 75 to 105. That's improved somewhat but I still get occasional lightheadedness and my arms often feel like I have blood pressure cuffs on them and the palms of my hand get really red when that stuff is going on. I've had problems with tachycardia before and since surgery too.

Have you researched anything about dysautomnias like POTS? Don't know if it applies to you but interesting reading. Potsplace.com (I think that's the website) has a little info about how it's found with some people who have Chiari. Don't know about SM and TC bp issues. HTH. Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby sammyj » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:40 pm

Hi Prism.
I have had similiar issues with increased blood pressure and I know that it has to be related to Chiari somehow. My bp seems to be either really low or very high (especially when I have a headache) I am curious as to what others have experienced with this...Just another one of those things that I thought was just me. I have heard of others talking about the decrease in blood pressure but, not so much an increase in blood pressure. Glad you asked! Hopefully someone will have some insight :)

Sam
sammyj

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders