Home from Surgery

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Home from Surgery

Postby bgummelt » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:36 pm

Just wanted to Thank everyone again for your prayers, I was decompressed on Tuesday and home on Thursday. I have been feeling really good. no pain meds needed, just taking Aleve. I had a set back tonight, i passed out after taking a shower but only for a few seconds, thank god my daughter was there to catch me. I dont know what caused the pass out, too much Aleve or just too much standing. It really scared me. The left side of my head feels numb but that is my only real complaint, i am having a bit of a swallowing problem which I never had before??? Jen from Texas i know you just had surgery, any advise.

Thanks again,
confusedintexas
bgummelt

Postby mac » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:37 pm

hey confused, I'm glad you are back home, sure seemed like you were let out quick, you must have been doing fabulous. I don't know any answers to your questions. I know that when I first got into the shower after breaking my neck, and the water hit my head/neck, I went into a huge full body spasm. Screaming for my dh to shut off the water and get me out of there! I think when something happens so traumatic like that or surgery to an area, all the nerves come into full force and are ultra sensitive. But this may not be the situation for what you went thru at all.

Maybe you were so tensed up about having a shower and all the things you'd just been through? About the swallowing, I know that is also a sign of stress, or "can be." I think you should ask your doctor and I imagine that is hard over a weekend. I think that if you are really concerned, you could have him paged.

I hope you get to feeling better and I'm glad you have that past you and hope you experience a huge alleviation of your symptoms.

mac
mac

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders