Fusion

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Postby angie7 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:01 pm

8 kids!! Wow, I dont want that many :lol: but I bet it is a BLAST at your house!!!! My kids definately take my mind off of my illnesses, without them, I dont know where I would be!
Mama to 4 y/o ID twin girls (2006)
CM 0, C5-T1 syrinx, Scoliosis, Hypotension; PFD 2004
Deg Disc C4/5,Cervical Kyphosis-repaired 07 w cadavar bone graph & plate w 4 screws
angie7

Postby cash71 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:39 am

Great thread, thank-you for starting it and for everyone being so honest as to what to expect and possible outcomes after. It looks like I will also need fusion down the road to C5 and I have to admit that it realllys scares me. It does not sound like a nice surgery or easy recovery but neither are the symptoms I am having now. I'm pursuing the tethered cord release first and then will see how much improvement I get from that before making decisions as to when I will need the fusion.

Caroline
Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle (Plato)

Syrinx C3-T9, CM zero, OTC, cranial settling, dysautonomia/POTS, and ?EDS

see my blog for more info: http://www.chiariandsyringomyeliaincanada.blogspot.com/
cash71

Postby kirafaye » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:38 am

definte thank you to all who have answered. If this surgery goes through I am going to have enough of a problem mentally coping as this will be my first out of state so no visitors and the situaiton with my mother leaving her children and not talking to us and so she will either not be there for me or will and create such a commotion, last surgery I was in ICU and my father came in (divorced) and my mother ignored him till he left then went on about how much she hated him and I felt like shouting I am lying here in ICU and this BRAIN surgery has hit alot harder can you just give it a rest and let the people who love me be with me so instead of this personnal vendetta you have had for over 10yrs!!! GAH! sorry for the random rant but it is on my mind in relation to the surgery, for my 21st birthday she sent me a card and signed it from your mother? yes she put a question mark there!! so I can only imagine what she will be like for my surgery. As if surgery wasn't enough to worry about, thank god I have a good shrink!

Keep those stories coming even if they aren't good cases its best to know all avenues!
kirafaye

Postby kathymichelle » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:14 pm

((((kirafaye))) you don't need toxic people like that around. Sometimes friends are more like family than blood family.

I am soo sorry that you are going through this...stress exacerbates our conditions.

Keesha, great response. thanks..
kathymichelle

Previous

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders