mignitin?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

mignitin?

Postby mary102 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:48 pm

has anyone heard of this medication from Berlin Homeo Prod. in Berlin, Germany? If so, what does it claim to do.

thanks. mary102
mary102

Postby donbr » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:56 pm

Hello I found a link for mignitin.
http://www.mignitin.com/about.htm?gclid ... ggodvhnTDg
Dont personally know anything about it though.
Don
donbr

Postby kathy_h_87120 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:32 pm

I also do not know anything about this product. But it is a homeopathy product and there is no medical evidence that homeopathy works in fact there is scientific evidence out there that it doesn't. Go to www.quackwatch.com and do a search on homeopathy. I would say don't waste your money. If for no other reason that anything that is guarenteed to work for everyone doesn't exist. :roll:
kathy_h_87120

Postby kathymichelle » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:05 pm

Thanks for bringing up that website...I have learned not to buy/try everything that comes down the pike.

I wish the pain would go away, but its perhaps something we learn to live with, and do the best we can!
kathymichelle

Postby specialmomx2 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:23 am

I did a bit of research on the web. This information is brought from various sources.

Basically this is a combination of various animal, vegetable and mineral compounds including poison oak, cuttlefish and flouride (a heavy metal).

I find it interesting that a lot of the remedies herein are generally indicated (in homeopathic circles) for female endocrinological issues: PMS, menopause, etc. Although I know there is definitely an endo. involvement in my case, I do wonder how the men here would fare with those compounds?

I would be intetrested to see any actual research or data that backs up their claims for

"An Amazing 100% Guaranteed Treatment for Syringomyelia!"

yeah, right...

if this was true, why are we all here? Word would have gotten out years ago, and we would all be off waterskiing and jumping off mountains.

In conclusion (this is my purely my opinion): Mignitin is probably less of a pure rip-off than "Syrotab" (remember that?) but personally, given my allergies and sensitivity to medicines in general, I don't think I would risk it.

Composition of Mignitin:
Ingredient Name Dilution
Sepia D3+30C
Aesculus D1+10C
Cimicifug D1+10C
Calc fluor D6+60C
Baryta carb D6+60C
Rhus tox D1+10C
Kali carb D1+100C

Sepia = Cuttlefish
Menopause, PMS, dryness; moodiness, irritability, fatigue, insomnia, headaches, nausea, back and joint pain...
Sepia acts on the uterus, ovaries, and vagina and is mainly used for gynecological complaints, for example, PMS, painful or heavy menstruation, hot flashes during menopause, emotional and physical symptoms during and after pregnancy, candidiasis, and a sagging or prolapsed uterus. It is an excellent remedy for women who are averse to, or suffer pain during sexual intercourse and feel exhausted afterward. Women who dislike being touched either premenstrually, during menopause, or as a result of emotional problems are also helped by this remedy.

Sepia is effective for complaints accompanied by exhaustion, such as an aching back and sides due to muscle weakness. It is also good for the following: indigestion from milk and fatty foods, with gas and tenderness in the abdomen; headaches with nausea; dizziness; hair loss; salty-tasting mucus due to a cold or allergy; brownish yellow, itchy, discolored patches of skin; profuse sweating; and sweaty feet.
This remedy is also good for circulatory problems, for example, hot and cold flashes, and varicose veins.

Aesculus –couldn’t find it. Could be:

Aesculus Hippocastanum –Common Horse Chestnut.
Aesculus is used for the relief and healing of hemorrhoids. Aesculus is from herbal Horse Chestnut, traditionally used for ailments of the circulatory system including hemorrhoids, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins and ulcers. Aesculus is indicated for congestion in veins, for hemorrhoids that feel like sticking pains with little bleeding.
Aesculus contains aestin, a substance with anti-edema and anti-inflammatory properties and decreasing capillary mobility by reducing the number and size of the small pores of the capillary walls. Scientific studies also show the substance aestin improves vein walls quality that helps in the prevention of varicose veins.

OR

Aesculus Glabra Ohio Buckeye

Aesculus Glabra is listed as beneficial for hemorrhoids, constipation, cough, and cramps in stomach. Provings list Aesculus Glabra benefits for Vertigo, Wry-Neck; Meningitis; Paralysis; Speech, thick.

Cimicifug = Black Cohosh
At home (and at that time - PMS or menopause), this primarily women's remedy is used for acute ovarian irritation, uterine cramps, pressing headache and moodiness. A sense of gloom and the accompanying black cloud may figure largely in a decision to choose Cimicifuga as does an intense thirst, much sighing, chattiness, and neck pain/stiffness that is worse with drafts. With professional advice only, it can aid pregnancy problems including back pain, labor pains or possible miscarriage.

Calcarea fluor (Calcium fluoride)
The elasticity cell salt restores flexibility and repairs tissues, thus helping hemorrhoids, varicose veins, loose teeth, lower backache, muscle strain, arthritic or injured joints, stretch marks, growing or brittle bones, and more.

This cell salt is found in our bone, joint, muscle, teeth and vein cells. While giving our bones and teeth their hardness, Calc fluor's primary function is to give tissues elasticity. Thus its remedy, Calc fluor, aids conditions resulting from inflexible tissue or tissue that cannot bounce back from injury, pregnancy, or illness. These include: hemorrhoids, varicose veins, backache, lumbago, gouty joints, repeated sprains, brittle bones, bone spurs, loose or decaying teeth, muscular weakness, stretch marks, and enlarged glands. Arthritic joints and back pain that must be moved often like this remedy, too. It can make a big difference in slow growing, late walking babies and young children, too. Calc fluor is particularly helpful if the condition feels worse on beginning to move, but improves with gentle movement.

Baryta carb. = barium carbonate
The source of this remedy is barium carbonate which, in large amounts, causes nausea, vomiting, convulsions, and diarrhoea.
Constitutional indications Baryta carb. is most effective in the very young and the very old. Children who benefit from it are mentally and physically slow, very skinny for their age, and pot-bellied; they also tend to have wrinkled skin and a vacant expression on their face. Elderly people who respond well tend to be obese. Both groups may also suffer from hormone problems.

Mental symptoms alleviated Extreme shyness; fear of people and situations; lack of concentration; forgetfulness; immature behaviour.
Physical problems alleviated Headaches which improve in open air but get worse in hot sun or in front of fire; swollen tonsils, with swollen lymph glands in neck and abdomen; cough which gets worse in evening but wears off after midnight, relieved by lying on stomach; muscle aches after eating or sleeping; sebaceous cysts; fatty tumours or warts; sore feet due to excessive perspiration and use of foot antiperspirants/deodorants; atherosclerosis, with degeneration of walls of arteries; high blood pressure; aneurysms; palpitations, made worse by exertion; griping pains in stomach, relieved by lying on stomach.
The above symptoms are intensified by cold, damp, rinsing in cold water, hot meals, excitement, raising the arms, dwelling on aches and pains, and by the presence of strangers; they also tend to get worse when lying on the left side. Cold food and being left alone generally improve matters.

Rhus tox (Poison oak)
Stiff swollen joints, rheumatic pain, better w/ motion; rashes, hives, flu/fever, fatigue, restlessness

For all the individuals plagued by this plant's nasty summer rashes, take solace in that for all the aggravation it can cause, it can relieve much more. Because it can cause itching, blistering rashes, its homeopathic remedy can ease itching, blistering rashes, red patches or hives (it has been used successfully for prevention, too). Even more harolded is Rhus' ability to ease joints with rheumatic pains or injuries which cause stiffness, swelling and redness that improve with movement. Similar joint pain shows up in Rhus' flu or fever along with a dry throat, chills and fatigue. Eye inflammation, hoarseness, headache and cold sores may respond to Rhus, too. All its symptoms are better with heat, hot bathing and dry weather, and worse at night and in damp cold weather. Much restlessness and a head full of cares and worries mark it Rhus tox, too. The key to remembering Rhus is its nickname "the rusty gate remedy" because, though squeaky and painful at first, it always improves with gentle motion.

Kali carb (Potassium carbonate)
Sharp, stitching pain remedy- fingers, toes, sore feet, spine, ears, muscles; dry night cough, puffy eyelids

Sharp, stitching cutting pains define a need for Kali carb. This Kali's stitching pains may occur in joints, muscles or anywhere else with an affinity for fingertips, toes, ears and especially the soles of the feet. Swollen puffy eyelids may call for Kali carb, too. In the lungs, pains follow a dry hard middle-of-the-night cough, while the spine suffers with a 'broken' back ache and about-to-give-out weakness. Kali carb's signature complaints are weakness, upper backache (including back pains during labor) and, though not usually hot, a lot of sweating. Symptoms tend to be worse from 2-4 a.m., and with drafts or cold weather. As every breeze chills to the bone; only warmth and motion bring relief

Food for thought, I suppose.

-Paula
"idiopathic" SM T3-T5 taking 50% of available space. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Cervical stenosis, DDD, metabolic issues including reactive hypoglycemia.

check out my blog: www.onesickmother.com
specialmomx2

herbal

Postby razzle51 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:04 am

Would be nice if we knew who those people are that gave testemonials on the stuff :lol:
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders