anyone going to tci july3-10?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

anyone going to tci july3-10?

Postby mlb67 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:16 pm

Ill be there agin for traction and a check up..things couldnt be going better! life is good! id like to meet another crazy chiarian like myself, lol. we arrive july3 and have lots planned please let me know if you'll be there anyone.
Monica~
mlb67

Postby mac » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:59 pm

Monica, where you been girlfriend?? We had a post last week wondering how you were doing and if anyone had heard from you. I'm SO glad things are going well. So, they are going to see if you need a fusion, is that it? Can you kinda explain this? If you feel great from your last surgery, then why would you need to see about a fusion? Don't mind me, I'm a confused non-Chiarian, ha!!

I am going to TCi but probably in September, would have been great to see you, though!! Paula lives near there...

hugs and good to see you
mac
mac

Postby mlb67 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:45 am

Mac,
My finger tips are numb, so Dr. Chan wants to check whatever w/ traction. I didnt want to do it but than again I better! I am feeling wonderful like im 21 again. Ill be 40 On Sept. 30 and I pray I feel this good so I can get my party on, as my 21 yr. old daughter would say, hehehehehe!
Did you get assistance with the flights etc.? Let me know Id like to know. My hubby thought you were great!
I have plenty of pics I casn show you but send me your email so I can forward them to you of the before and after pics of my head. I am still having trouble logging on to this website? Weird! anyway I did reply to the post about myself. Hope your well sweetie!
Monica~
mlb67

monica

Postby razzle51 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:18 pm

good luck Monica . I sent you a PM . Roz
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby mac » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:44 pm

Oh, I missed that reply to my calling Monica like "Lassieeeeee" Come home!! ha!!

I'm so dang happy to hear you feel like a 21 yr old! That just makes my day. I'm sorry your fingers are numb. My fingers and hands also have a lot of problems, as do a lot of other folks here on the board (see "severe tingling hands" thread). I'm so glad they are checking that out for you.

I'll PM you my email addy, okay? I don't mind PMing it to anyone, just don't want it out here on the public board.

Can't wait to see the pics!!

No, I did not get assistance with flights. I had some Sky MIles built up so I used that. Oddly, now that work comp has authorized my surgery with TCI, and paying my expenses for the travel there for evaluation and diagnosis, they REFUSE to pay me back the value of my Sky Miles. I think that is just so much BS! That doesn't sound a bit reasonable to me and sure does sound like they just want to bleed me, a poor individual with a work related injuy against their big monied organization. ooops, that's more info than you asked for. Do you need some assistance with flights? I did call and talk with the folks at patientravel.org and they were super nice. But in the end, since I had the sky miles, I went that way. With the patient travel, you have to take the tix the airlines are offering and they are usually mid week, so you leave mid week and return the next week. When I factored in motel rates, it was just cheaper to go on my sky miles, since I only had to be there 3 days.

hugs
mac
mac

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders