Everybody "ATTENTION"

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Everybody "ATTENTION"

Postby razzle51 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:27 pm

Check this article out :
I have mixed feelings about this .

http://www.jacksonholestartrib.com/arti ... 287265.txt
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby SMLady » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:30 pm

So, just so I understand this correctly, two people who "exhibit signs of CM but have not been formally diagnosed..." are getting a total makeover of their house?

Is that what they are saying??? Yeah, I have mixed feelings too.
SMLady

Postby hartagold23 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:30 pm

Thanks for the article, Roz.Care to elaborate on your mixed feelings, either here or privately?

SMLady, I think it said that the mother and one of the daughters HAVE been diagosed, but two other daughters just show signs of it.

Sounds like the mother is doing a good job for Chiari sufferers and informing the public as well.

Barb
SM/TCS/SB-lipoma/B12 def/Scoliosis/IBS. Had TCS surgery May 24 '07-syrinx totally drained! CSF leak repair--July 16 '07. Currently using a walker for short distances, probably permanently. Surgery was worth it to kill most of the pain!
hartagold23

Postby Snoozie » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:48 pm

The article said two of them have it and the other two have not been formally diaagnosed yet. I think it is great and good for them and good for us.

The more that this is out there the more people will know and what better way than to have it on national TV.

I also like how they said that the house will accomodate them later if need be. Plus I am sure they will talk about the conditon as they always do on that show.

Besides Ty is a hottie!!!...Sue
Snoozie

this is good news for all Chiarians......

Postby Jenintexas » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:00 pm

I agree this is good that the awareness will be getting out there on this. Lucky for the Carter family too. (wish they could re-do my house :lol: )

But this is a popular show and any awareness will help all of us and individuals that are suffering that have no idea about this. So all and all its a wonderful blessing.

I told my husband once I should write in to the producers of HOUSE so they can do an episode on this and bring awareness. I guess I should of sent vidoe into to HOME makeovers instead lol

Good for them.
Jenintexas

Postby CrazyCat » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:26 pm

From what I can gather off the mailing lists, people are concerned about the stats they quoted on ACM and how they are making the house "wheelchair" ready.
~Be who you are and say how you feel, because the people who matter don't mind and the people who mind don't matter.~
CrazyCat

Postby jjames » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:28 pm

Did I miss it, or does it say anywhere when this will air on TV?
~Everything is always ok in the end. If it's not, then it isn't the end.~

JJames
ACM/SM
1998 Decompression; 2007 PFR @ TCI
Syrinx C1-T10
Mild Scoliosis
Mom to two wonderful sons!
jjames

Postby petsmom » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:07 pm

That is so neat! This is a very popular show and what they do is awesome.
They did a home over for one of our disabled vets locally. My son met Ty and some of staff at the makeover site. Said they all appreared to be "real and sincere", not just for "show".

And hopefully any mention/explanation of Chiari on the show will have some effect in the longterm.

Dawn
I am not my disorder. It does not define me as a Person.
DDD, SM thoracic
petsmom

The Carters

Postby chiarimom » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

Wow..this is truly a wonderful thing for The Carters and for ASAP. Julie is such a sweet person and Jade (the one daughter that has had multiple surgeries) are so giving to other families and have gone through so much.

When KAte had her NS last summer (her 14th) as I came out of the holding area with her I just kind of stopped a leaned on the wall. Out of no where, I felt an arm on my shoulder. When I turned around there was Julie. She was in NY helping another family and for evaluation -- heard Kate was having surgery and just wanted to show support. It was so appreciated.

Julie facilitated the parent group at last years conference and from what I heard she did a wonderful job.

Let's all hope that this is the break that CM/SM/and our other disorders AND ASAP need to make a bigger difference and hopefully bring us a step closer to a cure.

Faith
chiarimom

Postby mrsariel » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:05 am

As soon as someone finds out when this episode will be on please let all of us know!
I am sure you will. *L*

Lisa
CM 7mm diagnosed 12/06.
Tethered Cord diagnosed 10/07 @ TCI
TC surgery 5/13/08
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisas
mrsariel

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders