stitches are out

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

stitches are out

Postby Jenintexas » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:10 pm

Well I had my stitches removed today and all and all I am doing great. I haven't had a headache since surgery. I was taking my pain medication from the surgery every 3 hours and now I am up to 10 hours. So the pain is going away WOO HOO. He is letting me start back to wk part time on the 9th of July and then I go for my 6 weeks post surgery at the end of July. The swelling I had in my throat from the tubes is so much better since he gave me the steroid. I was able to lay flat for the first time since surgery this past week. There was something in my throat that was up and should of been down and when I was able to lay down flat I felt it go back to normal. (it was a strange feeling but it didn't hurt at all)

I was very impressed with my doctor. the fact that he just parted my hair and cut down the part (didn't shave my hair at all) and the stitch he did was very very beautiful. (I know that sounds crazy but he did a wonderful job on it) he told my husband today that it takes a little longer but he has noticed that a person has less infection when you don't shave the head. Because your not opening the pores etc.

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. It is wonderful to be able to ask others for their opinions and experience. I think it helped me with my nerves too.

Many blessings,

Jenintexas :wink:
Jenintexas

Postby AFleming05 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:24 pm

Jen,

I am thrilled for your continued healing. I hope things continue to follow a positive path.

Thank you for letting us know of how you are feeling.

Many blessings,
Mandy
AFleming05

Postby Mary Alice » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:12 pm

Fantastic, Jen! I'm so glad to hear it. I hope that things keep going that well.
Mary Alice
Mary Alice

Postby Sandy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:28 pm

Jen,

Cakes and pies! I'm so glad you're feeling better and the stitches are out. And you answered my question, I was going to ask how your throat was doing.

You take it easy now and don't try to get well to fast now, ok? Are you eating right? Drinking plenty of water?

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby kiminfla » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:17 am

Jen, So glad to hear how well you're doing - Take good care and try not to overdo. Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders