Brain fog

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Brain fog

Postby Moemkate » Thu May 17, 2007 9:16 pm

Hi all glad to be back on the info line
Can anyone tell me if a decompression surgery helps with memory problems and a foggy head. Thanks Kay
Moemkate

brain fog

Postby hoz74 » Fri May 18, 2007 8:01 am

Hi, sorry but decompression surgery didn't help with brain fog and memory problems here. It helped with getting feeling back into my legs but not the memory problems and that is so frustrating I know. I have to write everything down I keep a dry erase board with a calendar so I can write monthly appts on it and it has a cork board with it so I can tack appt cards to it. this has been a life saver for me. Anything so I dont have to remember stuff on my own.
Hoz
ACM decompression surgery sept 06
Lord Keep your arm around my shoulders
and your hand over my mouth
hoz74

Brain fog

Postby Moemkate » Fri May 18, 2007 8:32 am

I had surgery in Nov of 2006 and thought it would help the problem but it didn't. The dr said I can no longer do my old job because of heavy lifting, large syrinx so now next week I'm to see one of the work drs to see if I qualify for a permanent limited duty position. I feel so stupid sometimes when asked simple questions and it takes so long to answer. I can't sit at the computer for long as I now have cervical instability and when I'm on my feet too long I have leg and back pain. I also have tethered cord. So what job they can find me will be questionable. They can't create a job they said so we'll have to see. Kay
Moemkate

brain fog

Postby hoz74 » Fri May 18, 2007 9:24 am

I hope you are recovering well from your surgery. I know exactly how you are feeling about the brain fog and not even being able to finish a sentence sometimes. I help my sister type her term papers for college and lately cant even remember how to spell and its frustrating as heck and the pain makes it all the more worse. I dont work. My darling overprotective hubby doesnt want me to and with all the complications I do not see how I could possibly do it anyway. Good luck with everything
Hoz
ACM decompression surgery sept 06
Lord Keep your arm around my shoulders
and your hand over my mouth
hoz74

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders