red flags?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

red flags?

Postby prism » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:52 am

hi again,

i'm wondering about the red flags of chiari in dr. B's video- reading places where some give vast concern to these issues and maybe don't hear that same urgency here. can anybody clarify as to why they are 'red' flags?
someone commented that it was important information to their nurse at TCI if they were having drop attacks or c. fits multiple times a day and it was important that they let their nurse know.

sleep apnea and the heart issues- these too, have to be evaluated carefully by related medical people-- when you go to TCI, do they test for these things or do you need to have them evaluated by others?
if i were to self- evaluate i'd say i have these problems, but i could be misled.

the nausea and vomiting- is there any reason for these symptoms if caused by cm1 to come and go alternating from worse to better to worse for months at a time?
comments?

thanks,
prism
prism

Postby blue1 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:41 pm

Hi Their,
It has been my experience that alot of doc's do what I call
CYA (cover your a**) stuff. Check evrything ,extremely careful, don't want to be sued. Maybe they really care.
Personally I 'd rather that kind of a doc than some of the winnie
heads I come across. Good Luck Prism. Don' let those "RED FLAGS" worry you just ask what are the chances of this or that happening and ask all you're do's and don't's.
Your in My Prayers,
blue1
blue1

red flags

Postby prism » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:35 pm

ok then,
i'll take it that 'red' flags is not so red after all. thanks.
prism :wink:
prism

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders