Something odd happened in the night to me. SCARY!!!

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Something odd happened in the night to me. SCARY!!!

Postby ITguy22 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:09 pm

I was asleep until something happened to me, but then fell asleep, when the alarm clock went off, I was bumping into everything in sight, when I was walking my left leg was always crossing my right, its like the left leg didnt know where to go. That is not the odd thing that happened. My eyes felt like they were crossed and wouldnt focus on anything at all, when I got to work my boss told me that I didnt look right, but my eyes were still crossing on their own, and i was trying to focus and resist them crossing, I have felt real wierd since that night.

Does anyone have a clue? I am very confused and dont know whats going on. Please let me know what you all think!!
ITguy22

Postby Debster » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:14 pm

It appears that this is your first post on this forum. It would help us if you could tell us a little about yourself. Do you have a formal diagnosis, are you under the care of a neurologist or neurosurgeon? Perhaps then someone here would be able to relate to your symptoms and offer suggestions.

Deb
Debster

Postby specialmomx2 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:58 am

ITguy,

Get yourself to a doctor ASAP.

It may be nothing, but any sudden change or increase in symptoms need to be seen by a doctor. Go to urgent care or the ER if need be.

-Paula
"idiopathic" SM T3-T5 taking 50% of available space. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Cervical stenosis, DDD, metabolic issues including reactive hypoglycemia.

check out my blog: www.onesickmother.com
specialmomx2

RE: odd symptoms

Postby ITguy22 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:30 am

I have posted here before and have been a member of this forum since april of 2006. I just havent posted in a while, needed a break. I have syringomyelia c3-t7, idiopathic, with MS. They think MS caused this syrinx to form in my cervical spine. I was thinking that the MS is the cause for the eye problems and balance coordination problems as I speak i am only able to focus if I close one eye, kind of funny really.
ITguy22

Postby Cyborg Ninja » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:37 am

Sounds like your cerebellum is getting affected, probably by the MS. You definitely should get yourself to a doctor right away for an emergency session.
Cyborg Ninja

Postby cash71 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:48 am

Of course I don't know anything about your specific case I will just share what happens to me and why. It might be helpful for you.

I have had double vision, blurred vision and halos around my visual fields for the last several months. I have definately had days where I walk around with one eye closed so I can see one of everything instead of two. When I was just at TCI Dr. Bolognese was able to produce these symptoms by pressing on the top of my head. Mine seem to be from cranial settling where my skull is slumping down and allowing pressure on my brain stem and cranial nerves.

These are definately symptoms that I would go to your doctor about. Especially if they are new onset.

HTH,

Caroline
Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle (Plato)

Syrinx C3-T9, CM zero, OTC, cranial settling, dysautonomia/POTS, and ?EDS

see my blog for more info: http://www.chiariandsyringomyeliaincanada.blogspot.com/
cash71

Postby petsmom » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:38 pm

I am pretty well researched on MS as thought I had that for years until syrinx found. As you know it can cause major visual malfunctions. And legs that do weird things on their own!!

Could this be a flair up for you? I assume you have a neurologist to handle the MS?? Weird symptoms that linger for days and longer could signal a flair or MS activity so please call your doc.

Dawn
I am not my disorder. It does not define me as a Person.
DDD, SM thoracic
petsmom

Postby NILI » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 pm

chiari can cause a condition called nystagmus which is involountary twitching, jerking etc of the eyes,
NILI

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders