tomorrow night after work i am going to start taking

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

tomorrow night after work i am going to start taking

Postby DavidinCinci » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:39 pm

lyrica. my doctor gave me a 21 day supply. i have been hesitant about taking any meds after i had a bad reaction to cymbalta last september. i have some vacation days next week so my vacation will be spent testing this stuff out. hopefully it will help. 52
DavidinCinci

Postby blue1 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:57 pm

Hey Cheer up :D ,
Not all drugs work the same ( I am sure you know). Cymbalta is and antidepressant which work on two chemicals in yor brian serotonin and norepinephene, paper work also says helps relieve back pain. Well that really depends on where the pain is coming from.
Lyrica is an anticonvulsant drug used for neuropathic pain, as an adjunct therapy for partial seizures, and in generalized anxiety disorder. It was designed as a more potent successor to gabapentin. It is used for chronic pain. Personally It did not do a thing for me but Zonegran helped me and it is cheaper. It also is an anticonvulsant,neurolepic. Oh Topomax is exactly like zonegran but comes in generic.
Hope this helps,
blue1
blue1

Postby birdlover3 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:01 am

Good luck with the new med. I hope you’re able to enjoy your time off.
birdlover3

Postby Cyborg Ninja » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:34 am

The only bad thing about Lyrica is that for a couple of weeks it'll make you VERY drowsy. My suggestion is to just take it at night for the first week, and start at 50mg or less.
Cyborg Ninja

Postby mac » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:46 pm

Just an addition to blue's explanations, Cymbalta is often given to diabetic patients for neuropathic pain.

http://www.defeatdiabetes.org/Articles/ ... 040921.htm

just an addition there that it is effective beyond "back pain."

mac
mac

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders