cervical traction?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

cervical traction?

Postby specialmomx2 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:41 pm

I am going to preface this by saying that I do NOT have CM:

...but I have cervical stenosis, dessicated and herniated disks and a lot of problems in my neck,.

I had an invasive cervical traction at TCI, and although they said it didn't warrant surgery, the days following the traction were the best I felt in a long time.

So after a nightmare week, my PT did a lot of work on my neck including some manual traction. I mentioned that traction seems to help me, and he suggested I get a script for a home traction machine.

But I am not so sure of that because of the EDS. I know if I had CM, that traction would be a no-no. But I don't have CM. I don't know if there is anyone else out there like me: SM, EDS and NO ACM? Will home traction help?

Or will it stretch me ligaments beyond redemption?

I'm lost, torn, and would appreciate any and all input.

Thanks,

-Paula
"idiopathic" SM T3-T5 taking 50% of available space. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Cervical stenosis, DDD, metabolic issues including reactive hypoglycemia.

check out my blog: www.onesickmother.com
specialmomx2

tractio

Postby prism » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:54 am

hi paula,

sorry I don't have an answer for you, but have you asked on the EDNF board? somebody there might have some good input for you? A thought. btw. write me a note when you can, i'd love to hear how you're doing, catch up. xox 8) prism
prism

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders