What if~ TCI~ and then~

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

What if~ TCI~ and then~

Postby prism » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:13 pm

Hi,

I know I'm thinking ahead of myself, but I do think it makes sense. So I'm going to go ahead and ask.

Before I plunge in and make the final decision, ask big Daddio if he can swing the monies that are lacking for me to get the testing for TCI ect....

If I got to TCI and came to understand whatever is or isn't going on in my body--
IF they said I needed any kind of surgery --could they then refer that surgery to be done back in my home state with confidence? Would they do that?

The thing is, if any surgery were needed, there would be no way in the world for me to get it done, short of some fantastic fund raiser which I doubt I'd have the energy for. And maybe after my seeing the TCI experts, my insurance would be convinced to cover such a thing, back at home.? (again, Big IF> hopefully not< needed)
Input?

:? prism
prism

Postby CrazyCat » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:19 pm

The problem with ins. companies, like mine is if they feel there is someone close that can manage the problem they will not pay for anything in NY, not even the consult. I have exhausted all the docs in this area in 1 1/2 years so there is no doubt NY is where I need to be but they still want to fight. I don't have the money either for any of this and unless a miracle happens my insurance is not going to pay anything. I have no clue how we are going to pay for this but it's the only thing I can do now. I can't go through this anymore and my husband can't watch me go through this anymore.
~Be who you are and say how you feel, because the people who matter don't mind and the people who mind don't matter.~
CrazyCat

what if~

Postby prism » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:28 pm

I guess it's all pretty confusing each of our situations

For me, what I'm talking about is privately paying for all the testing and the visit to TCI.

Then, hoping for coverage for any follow-up care needed afterwards from my insurance.

You sound like you're feeling pretty hopeless. I'm really sorry. I know, I feel that way pretty often too. My h- has a nasty habit of making remarks that smack of "it's all in your head, because he'd really like to believe it is"
GRRRrr--- and my, wouldn't that be a whole lot easier to deal with ! :shock:

Anyway, there have to be answers out there. Even if they aren't the ones we've hoped for. As a teen I was always fascinated by Joni Erikson's story and continue to be- how she turned her tragic life into something beautiful.

Have faith friend, grab hold my hand and we will find a way together--prism
prism

TCI

Postby razzle51 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:01 am

I am sure TCI would do that would be fine and recommend Dr. Batzorf in CA , the Dr. that is recommended on asap site or they probably know a few more.
Last edited by razzle51 on Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby CrazyCat » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:48 am

Ah sorry I guess I missunderstood. Brain fog again.
~Be who you are and say how you feel, because the people who matter don't mind and the people who mind don't matter.~
CrazyCat

Postby sweettartgirl » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:19 pm

IF they were confident, yes.

I had the craniocervical fusion and decompression at TCI and they are my main neurosurgeons. When it comes to my brain and fusion, they're the guys. However, when I found out I would needthe tethered cord surgery only a few months afterwards, we could not aford it. So, we conversed with the TCI guys and asked what they thought of a certain doctor in the TCS area. They gave me the thumbs up and full support (from dr.b himself) and after having that surgery more locally, i am now doing great! So, it depends on teh situation, but they really are interested in your health and what's best for you.
Laura
sweettartgirl

what if~

Postby prism » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:22 pm

thanks guys~
prism

Postby dizzy2 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:16 pm

Razle51, have you seen Dr. Batzdorf? I am trying to get in touch with his office and get an appointment. Has anyone you know seen him? I'm in CA and he seems like the only one out there who knows anything about ACM. I can't afford TCI right now. I spoke to them and they want to set up an appt but I just can't afford it as of yet.

Any help would be great.

Lidia
dizzy2

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders